Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 03:10 PM

Default KK slowdown

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls,

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

On the turn the board was pretty draw heavy. The SB also pulled a stop and go on me. Was this a good slowdown or merely weak play?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:29 PM

Default Re: KK slowdown

I say raise that turn, what do you put him on?
Old 08-11-2004, 04:24 PM

With no specific reads, I would raise the turn. There are some draws on the board, but how many that would call a preflop raise? A5 would be the only one I worry about; if you raise the turn and get 3-bet, you may be behind. Of course, he could make the same play with a spade draw.

My guess is that SB has a small-ish overpair- 88 or 99.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With no specific reads, I would raise the turn. There are some draws on the board, but how many that would call a preflop raise? A5 would be the only one I worry about; if you raise the turn and get 3-bet, you may be behind. Of course, he could make the same play with a spade draw.

My guess is that SB has a small-ish overpair- 88 or 99.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, raising the turn would've been the right move in my opinion. As for what would they call my raise with, .25/.50 players are very capable of calling a PFR with 56o [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. He showed A4 of spades and MHIG (although, he had quite the drawing hand).