Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2004, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Party - free set of poker chips - for real?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To me, it looks like an affiliate trying to scam people to sign up through him. It also seems to me that you'd be better off to find an affiliate who's willing to give you 15% or more for a rake rebate - you'd get more than enough money back from that to buy the set yourself if you play any decent amount of online poker.

Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the site and it says under the frequent flopper program that is coming soon that they will give a rake rebate back to everyone.

Nice site actually volunteering givebacks is rare for an affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup, i asked them about it since i signed under them to get the free chips. but i gota do a new acct to get in on the rake rebate. They're trying to come up with a way to do this, but they dont know if it'll work.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:56 PM

Well, I did it... I signed up for Aztec Riches Poker to get a second set of chips. Hopefully I'll get through my raked hands this weekend and have my chips for our home game next Friday night. I know it's wishful thinking to get them that fast, but hey, it doesn't hurt!

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/pro...ztec_poker.asp
Old 05-21-2004, 04:34 PM

Just a quick update for everyone. I played last night for about 4 hours and at the end of the night I figured I was more than half way to hitting my 250 hands. As it turned out, I only played 56 raked hands in just under 4 hours. It turns out Aztec figures out their raked hands different than Party Poker. At Party Poker you just have to be delt cards in a raked pot to qualify as a raked hand. On Aztec you have to "contribute money to the pot." It's still a great deal cuz I'm going to play the hands anyway, I would just suggest signing up with Party to get the free chips if you don't already have an account there. You will qualify for the free chips a lot quicker there. By the way, I'm actually up after my first day at Aztec... yippie!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:49 AM

Im going to sign up for AZTEC for me and my lady, so we will get 600 chips. Does it make a different if you get diamonds or suits or dice, or are they all the same?

Also, will I get a $50.-$1 or higher NL game over there?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im going to sign up for AZTEC for me and my lady, so we will get 600 chips. Does it make a different if you get diamonds or suits or dice, or are they all the same?

Also, will I get a $50.-$1 or higher NL game over there?

[/ QUOTE ]

RollaJ, I've been playing 1/2 over there all weekend trying to get to my 250 raked hands. I'm at 230 right now, so I should get to 250 tonight. I can't speak for the .50/1 tables, but there are plenty of 1/2 tables. I've been up, down, and turned around over there. I actually had to make a second deposit, but now I'm way up. Poker is a crazy game isn't it!?!?! I think you'll be happy with Poker Source Online, but I'm warning you, I wouldn't try getting two sets of chips at the same address, or at least not for the same poker room. Their rules say you can't do it and if you read their forum, you will see someone who just got blasted for it. I'm working on my second set of chips from them, but it is for two different poker rooms. Good luck at Aztec, and look me up overthere... account name MYEH818!
Old 05-24-2004, 10:49 AM

Different addresses [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] , we live together but I still have my neteller under my old address.
I was asking about No limit, not $.50/$1 or 1-2 limit. Is this what you were answering? I play a lot of hands in NL,so I figure I could get this over with quickly
Old 05-24-2004, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Different addresses [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] , we live together but I still have my neteller under my old address.
I was asking about No limit, not $.50/$1 or 1-2 limit. Is this what you were answering? I play a lot of hands in NL,so I figure I could get this over with quickly

[/ QUOTE ]

Different addresses... SWEET! I wish I had a setup like that!

Sorry, I was talking about the fixed limit games. I know they have NL games though.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:07 PM

Funny after seeing what they go for on eBay for a set of 600 (about $30), I think Ill just stick to party
Old 05-25-2004, 11:53 AM

I just wanted to give everyone an update... I hit my 250 raked hands last night as I thought, and already got a tracking number from Poker Source. I'm happy that my chips are on the way, but they just updated the terms of the offer from 250 raked hands to 150. I'm kind of irritated that I had to play 250 hands and now it's 150. I guess in the end I would have played 250 hands anyway, I just wanted my chips faster. Oh well. I'll give everyone a final update when they arrive. The link is below with the post from the Aztec dude explaining the new rules.

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/for...opic.php?t=205