Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 03-22-2004, 07:09 PM

Default Y\'all be chasin’, I replace them

Haven’t posted a hand in a while. This was from a good 5-10 game and wonder what people think.

I’m in the small blind with QcQd. It’s folded to middle position, who opens with a raise, there’s a cold call behind, and I three bet. All call, including the big blind. Four-way to the flop which is

Ac7c3d. I bet into the field, the big blind raises, and we all call.

Turn is the Kc.

I check, the Big blind bets, and two of us call.

Rivers is the 2c. I bet out, and only the Big Blind calls.

Obviously the nuts are good.

-Huh

Old 03-22-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Y\'all be chasin’, I replace them

[ QUOTE ]

Haven’t posted a hand in a while. This was from a good 5-10 game and wonder what people think.

I’m in the small blind with QcQd. It’s folded to middle position, who opens with a raise, there’s a cold call behind, and I three bet. All call, including the big blind. Four-way to the flop which is

Ac7c3d. I bet into the field, the big blind raises, and we all call.

Turn is the Kc.

I check, the Big blind bets, and two of us call.

Rivers is the 2c. I bet out, and only the Big Blind calls.

Obviously the nuts are good.

-Huh

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh. I'd like to think I'd check/fold this one, but I dunno. Usually one person in this situation will have an ace. Betting isn't that bad though I don't think. I guess you have odds to call the raise on the flop getting 20-1 on your money with a 23-1 shot for your set and a 24-1 shot for the runner runner flush. I do'nt know what combining those gives you but it's gotta be better then 20-1, and you can figure some implied odds. At the turn it's an obvious call.

What would you have done if the river was a Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] out of curiousitys sake. How bout a 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ?
Old 03-22-2004, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Y\'all be chasin’, I replace them

Yeah, the bet on the flop is what I thought was questionable, but wit 12 small bets in the pot, I thought it was worth taking a shot at.

If the Queen would've hit the end, I would've went for the check-raise. If it had been a deuce, I would've had a tough decision between check-folding and check-crying.

-Huh