Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2004, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Support say!

i just deposited 5 mins ago.
blank - not enough funds.
0000 - just dandy.

but it makes me wonder how many potential customers UB is losing due to frustration.
it's pretty obvious that UB and neteller support were not of any use in this matter.

and, there are theoretically a lot of players NOT on 2+2 who were unable to receive the secret 0000-password. with any luck, the 0000 bit made it over to RGP....but that still only covers a small percentage.

i ask the same question as was posted earlier....does ub actually want any business??
why don't they fix this thing???

hey UB.....your potential customers shouldn't have to figure this out on their own.
weird.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:33 AM

Default READ IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT MAKING A UB DEPOSIT

I just had trouble making a deposit at UB. There was a prompt for typing in the last 4 digits of your bank account but only if you wanted to use insta cash. Since my Neteller account was fully funded I did not need insta cash. I sent an e-mail to UB and they suggested that there was aproblem at Neteller and that I might be required to fill in my bank account number. I did so and the deposit went through but it used insta cash, which means that a concurrent withdrawal was made from Neteller from my bank account. Now I did not want that withdrawal to take place. I can withdraw back from Neteller to my account but not until after the ETF clears in 4-5 days. I called Neteller and at least there is no interest charge. Still, I am pretty PO'd. I called Neteller and they blamed UB saying that trnasfers are only going through to UB using insta cash unless you do a merchant transfer from the Neteller site (and they need to give you UB's merchant code to do that). I suppose I shopuld have tried 0000 instead of my bank account but I had not seen this thread yet. I sent UB an e-mail about this and will post their response here when I get it. I just wanted to bump this thread back up for the benefit of anyone making a UB deposit.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Re: READ IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT MAKING A UB DEPOSIT

I asked UB support about the problem, and got the following :

Hello,

After you make a direct deposit through Neteller using this information:

Merchant ID

Merchant Transfer Code
ULTI2442

Your account will automatically be credited with the bonus. If you feel the bonus was not correctly credited just let us know.

Best Regards,
Ann
Customer Service Department

So if the "0000" workaround stops working, they do say that you shold get a bonus using a merchant transfer from your Neteller balance. I believe that the current offer expired yesterday for the bonus, but at least you can make a deposit without disturbing your bank funds.

I agree, UB should have thought this through; making folks take an insta-cash from their bank when they are accustomed to taking the funds from their Neteller balance no doubt left a lot of folks suddenly shorter in their checking then they thought and led to some hard feelings.

Shauna
Old 02-07-2004, 05:30 AM

Default Re: READ IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT MAKING A UB DEPOSIT

so, it seems that ub still doesn't understand that their customers are accidentally depositing through their bank-accounts when they don't want to.

how many complaints does their support have to receive before UB realizes they have a problem they need to take care of?
Old 02-07-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Anyone got a positive response from UB?

Has anyone gotten a positive response on this from UB.

I was one of the people for whom it refused to allow a transaction without the 4 digits, without fully understanding the implications of what I was doing, I entered it. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] It made me do it though, and I thought it was just a new thing.

Anyway I emailed them and mentioned that I was greatly inconvenienced by having to fund my bank account and the double currency conversion (Im a canuck) that is now going to happen and that I felt that they shared responsibility for this.

No reply as of now, just wondering if they had offered any olive branches to anyone else yet?

Matt