Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 08:19 PM

Default TILT

1. Please flame me
2. How wrong was I in assuming the 3rd guy would call as well.

2/5 pounds on crypto

Hero: early in the session, playing aggro and taking down lots of small pots. still a little gunshy from the past two days of cards.

Opponents: both were similar in that they were pretty tight pre and post and also pretty straightforward. Pretty much always had what they were representing, never saw them attempt any tricky plays other than maybe not pushing a hand as fast as I would.

Hero(820)
BB(509)
Huh?(999)

1 fold, Hero (A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) raises to 15, HUH? calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, Hero bets 35, HUH? calls, SB folds, BB raises to 120, Hero calls, HUH? minreraises to 205, BB raises to 494 all in, Hero calls, HUH? folds.

I miss.

Ok, so I clearly didn't have odds against a set if the third guy wasn't coming along. (risking 374 to win 879). When BB went all in I felt he had a set >80% of the time. But I also felt there was no way the third opponent was folding with the weird line he had taken. Bad thinking huh?

So I was wrong, he folded and I didn't have odds.

But how often does he come along as well?

By doing some rough calculations I determined that I am losing 40 on my call when HUH? folds, winning 73 when he just calls, and losing 57 when he goes over the top all in.

Hmmm....now I really hate my play because if the third opponent had 555 or 444 he would very likely get it all in against me by the river. Ick. Ick. Ick.

So HUH? would have to just call, and then check turn approximately 40-45% of the time for my call to be break even.

I think he is pushing as often as he is calling, but what could he fold there?

In addition to flaming me for getting it all in with nut fd against an obvious set, I would like you guys to put HUH? on a range of hands based on his action. (1. coldcall preflop 2. smoothcall flop lead 3. minreraise a scary checkraise 4. fold to all in that anyone should have seen coming).

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: TILT

that other guy is calling like 99.9% of the time
don't sweat it
Old 12-29-2005, 11:10 PM

That makes me feel a little better.

When I say TILT, I dont mean raging, spewing chips everywhere tilt. I just mean the kind where crucial decisions are always going against me and I just lose confidence in my play. Confidence seems to be such a huge factor in my success and it is so hard to sustain when suffering beat after beat as you all know.

What do you think the villain could have played like that? I dont want to be too suspicious, but is this potentially collusion?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In addition to flaming me for getting it all in with nut fd against an obvious set, I would like you guys to put HUH? on a range of hands based on his action. (1. coldcall preflop 2. smoothcall flop lead 3. minreraise a scary checkraise 4. fold to all in that anyone should have seen coming).

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously whatever it was he didn't play it correctly. Bottom set? If he thought you might bet the turn with an overpair if he smoothcalled, then the c/r threw him off. . . that's the only thing I can think of poorly played though.

You suggested collusion. . . I guess that could be but I rarely suspect it. If it bothers you e-mail the hand number to the site and have them check out what he had.