Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-23-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: 10/20 SB Hand 3

Don't be defensive. These guys are good players, and while they may or may not have larger cocks than you (prolly not, you look pretty bulky in your pic), you would be well advised to listen up, I kid you not.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:45 PM

Tom, if you think that you are right and the 98% of posters on MHUSH/SSHUH who would disagree are wrong, then you might want to find a different forum to read and learn from.

I don't think you can learn from one where all the posters play poorly.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tom, if you think that you are right and the 98% of posters on MHUSH/SSHUH who would disagree are wrong

[/ QUOTE ]
Right about what? I haven't specifically told anybody their suggestions were wrong or inferior to mine. Some people disagreed with my suggestions. I posted some of my reasoning on why I thought a particular play was appropriate. This is a forum for debate, right? I have no problem with that.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:03 PM

You have posted advice in several pieces of advice in various threads recently that basically every poster in this forum would deem "horrible." Many of these guys are very big winners in shorthanded poker games.

I myself have posted bad advice in the past. No big deal, this is a forum for debate and exchange of ideas. But continuing to argue, calling everyone "superlags," and trying to initiate dumb challenges in order to prove the validity of your advice is very very stupid and annoying.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be defensive. These guys are good players, and you would be well advised to listen up, I kid you not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Allin,
I know there are many good players here, that's why I came here. And I have no problem having my posts critiqued, that's mainly why I posted them.

What I do have a problem with is some amateur psychologist in a green suit following me around and posting negative insinuations or comments about my motives and intentions. Note again this is not the first time he did it, although it was in a different forum the last time. My response to him at that time was more measured. Apparently he interpreted that as a signal of my aquiesence that he should try it again. It seemed to me he could use a clearer message that I have a fairly low tolerance for taking crap. I define crap as personal insult or character assasination, not hand critique.

There were also a couple of other instances from a couple of other posters in a couple of other threads in the last couple of days and one from about a month ago in this forum that were of a personally insulting nature. If my reaction in this thread seems out of proportion to the perceived offence, it might be because I am reacting to the cumulative effect of all of the above.

However, these were all isolated instances and do not reflect my feelings about the attitudes or postings of the majority of this forums participants. Yes, I suppose I became overly defensive. To the extent I criticized everyone or anyone with too broad a brush, I apologize.

Again, all I want to do here is improve my poker game and enjoy interacting with the other forum participants. I want to post my take on some hands, compare it to the other ideas, consider any critique that comes my way, and have a nice day.

Cheers.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check/fold the flop. Check and peel is iffy but not terrible probably.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have 0 disconnects left, and knew 100% that you were going to lose connection on the turn or river, then check/folding would be correct. Even then, requesting more disconnects and playing the hand NORMALLY would be a better option.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:19 PM

let's discuss what we should do in the hand more please [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
can someone tell me why folding the turn is best when a diamond doesnt come?
Old 12-23-2005, 11:50 PM

Hi Tom,

as someone who sucks at poker, let me tell you what's worked for me when I'm posting above my bankroll. a lot of times when I post and I'm not sure, but I think I'm getitng the concept, my post will more resemble something along the lines of

"I think this is best, here are the reasons. is that sucky?"

and the replies will look something like

"yes I'd rather light money on fire"

or

"no that's basically the right concept, but notice the fact that the board is XYZ instead of ZGS makes it more correct"

then repeat until more answers resemble the latter. inquisitive answers are more on the tone of "learn me something" as opposed to "this is the way it is." a lot of posts in a lot of forums are of the "this is the way it is" style, and there are always arguments about whether it detracts from good discussion. but I digress.

kiddo explained it very well IMO in his coaching intro, when he says

[ QUOTE ]
Lets say a coach look at a hand that u didnt know how to play, you give him 2 good reasons to call and 2 good reasons to raise.

The coach: "You should raise this turn" and then give you 2 more good reasons to raise.

You think for a while and comes up with two more reasons not to raise.

He then comes back with a new answer: "Yep, you are right, there are as good reasons to raise as to call, it sure looks like a coinflip".

Now you can say: Well this is a bad coach, he gave me the wrong answer, I gave him the right answer and in the end there was no answer at all, I could do whatever in this hand, I dont need a coach to tell me that.

But what really happend is that you started with 4 conflicting arguments and ended up with 8 conflicting arguments. And that makes all the difference in the world if u want to become really good at poker. In the next hand you play maaybe you will get 5-3 instead of 2-2 in arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

if your posts promote that style of discussion, then you could learn even more from the hand than that specific line for that specific situation against that specific opponent.

anyways, that's just how I roll. all this advice is worth what you paid for it

peace,
-Kevin
Old 12-24-2005, 02:04 AM

Let's not over-analyse this.

This is the big boys forum, and you really need to play these limits to post here. Yep, I'm being elitist, absolutely. We're here to help each other, but not to babysit. The reason why posters are taking offence is because some of your posts give completely terrible advice, and its random clutter. We're intelligent minds, and we need brainstorming sessions to be as easy to read as possible.

This is not a help forum. The help forum is microlimits, maybe SSSH. This is the elite players whom want to make the big bucks, and need to have a very elitist posting style in order to achieve that slight +EV needed to break those important BB/100 barriers.

These forums won't turn you into a good poker player, they won't teach you new concepts (except a few nice threads), and they sure as hell won't make you smarter. But what they will do is nail down small +EV decisions that creep that winrate up, and thats what these guys use it for.

So to sum it up, look at my original post of 'what are you doing here?'. I'll tell you now, you're in the wrong place, what you need isn't what you'll find here. Everyone here will tell you that.

Posting does not make you a good player ever.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:32 AM

hell yea, im an elitest