Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Weak-tight KK hand

Hi,

I've lurked for a while played $5-10 6 max for a while, just starting a stretch in $10-20 (~5k hands so far).
UTG+1 70/18/1 over 500, plays big pairs and sets tricky postflop. Often waits too river.
SB is 24/8/1.3 over 600, and tends to overplay overpairs from what I've seen.
No info on BB.

$10-20, 6 max
Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with kd; kc;
UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, Button folds, SB Caps, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 8c; 3c; 5h; (17SB, 4 players)
SB bets, BB folds, UTG+1 raises, Hero calls, SB 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: qd; (13BB, 3 players)
SB bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: 7d; (16BB, 3 players)
SB bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero folds, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 20BB

On the flop I was pretty sure I was ahead, and that the small blind would 3-bet any overpair if I just called, the only big club draw I'm worried about is AQc since I've got the Kc. I called two planning on raising any turn except an Ace, hopefullly getting two big bets from both opponents.
As you can see I chickened out on the raise on turn, I really didn't like the Queen, should of been an easy raise right?
My weak turn play made the river more interesting, if I call I'm only getting 3-bet by QQQ in the sb, but I didn't think I could win 1in10 against the UTG+1 player. Although I thought I might still be beating the SB (JJ-TT, AQc maybe). [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Weak-tight KK hand

Bump.

Should of said my image is TAG preflop, not perceived as a big slowplayer either.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:58 PM

Um I hate this. If you chicken out and not put in bets where you want them to be, you get lost in certain areas as you have proved to yourself. I think you are ahead MUCHMORE OFTEN than 1/10 by the river. Why can't his hand be AQ? even KQ. Strangely played JJ/TT? Bluffing AK? Random 2 cards? I am not folding KK here ever and I think this is horrible. Btw I still prefer to 3 bet the flop. When pots are this big with this many players, I am jamming and worried about taking the pot down and not getting more value. The bigger the pot, the more odds ur opponent will have with any kind of draw.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:13 PM

three bet this turn 100% of the time - and if it was me, without some incredible reads I would value raising this river.....