Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 12-20-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Partypoker Rakeback - is this a scam?

I've been reading here that party has no rakeback program.

However I was playing on Party low limit 6 max tables. Some guy was soliciting % of play back at the table. I emailed him, then he sent me a webaddress. I then had to visit a site to get a second email address.

I emailed someone at the second email address and they said I had to open another Party account with another name maybe using a spouses name or using suffix 'jr' or something. I would have to give him my address and then I'd get a tailored bonus code to use. Then checks would be sent to the address I provided. Apparently all the 'high rollers' were taking advantage of this.

I'm very suspicious of this. Has anyone encountered this at party?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Partypoker Rakeback - is this a scam?

I believe there was another thread on something like this a few weeks ago.

Basically Party is against RB and this why they recommend changing your details etc. It might be legit, but it might be a scam. I would never sign up for an affiliate in a situation like this.

If you are ever looking to see if an affiliate is legit i would recommend visiting a rakeback directory were only legit affiliates are listed.

I hope that helps you. If you need more info please let me know.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:55 PM

NEVER NEVER NEVER respond to chat box spam at any poker room. Much of it is a scam, even the ones that are not scams are sleazy spammers. There is no reason to support chat box spammers even if they are legit.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:19 PM

Party does not allow rakeback.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:02 AM

>If you are ever looking to see if an affiliate is legit i would recommend visiting a rakeback directory were only legit affiliates are listed.

Actually, many legit affiliates don't advertise on these sites. You could contact Party and they will let you know.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
>If you are ever looking to see if an affiliate is legit i would recommend visiting a rakeback directory were only legit affiliates are listed.

Actually, many legit affiliates don't advertise on these sites. You could contact Party and they will let you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, don't you think it's a bad idea to call party and ask if an affiliate offering rakeback is legit? I guarantee that Party will respond, "We do not allow our affiliates to offer rakeback." Then they're probably going to go ahead and close this poor guy's affiliate account. If he is legit then you've just screwed all of his players who are no longer going to be recieving rakeback.

That being said, I wouldn't sign up for rakeback through anyone who's spamming party chat to get people signed up. Just go and make a post at the rakerebatereview.com forum in the request for offers section and you should have a bunch of good rakeback offers within 24 hours.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:12 AM

Default A Fairy Tale

[ QUOTE ]
Just go and make a post at the rakerebatereview.com forum in the request for offers section and you should have a bunch of good rakeback offers within 24 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Once upon a time there lived poker players who loved Party and loved rakeback.

These players created anonymous accounts in the magical land of RRR and solicited Party rakeback. Genuine Party affiliates visited RRR daily and sent rakeback offers and affiliate signup codes over the Internet to total strangers.

The players signed up for Party. The Big Bad Party Affiliate Managers and Ugly Nonrakeback Step-Affiliates were extremely angry but powerless. They just could never think of any possible way to track down the extremely clever rakeback affiliates. All the poker players played at Party, collected rakeback, and lived happily ever after. Except for bad beats of course.

The End
Old 12-21-2005, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Al, I'm fairly certain his comment was referring to legit "rakeback" affiliates, for sites where rakeback is allowed! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Here\'s a tip.

PokerAl is connected to Potty Poker. He wants people to do things like this so they can figure out who the affiliate is and squash him.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Here\'s a tip.

Do things like what? Have a player contact Party to ask if an affiliate is a real affiliate and above board? I don't need to see bad affiliates "squashed" - their actions drive players to the better affiliates all on their own.

Plus, I don't have that power - I have all I can handle trying not to become one of the squashed ones myself!