Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-14-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Looking for Tells Live

When I play in a live game, I like to watch my opponent's reaction to the cards as they get flipped. Another way some people get tells occurs when you are faced with a big bet or raise and are unsure what to do. I have seen people mention on here that a good tactic is to ask your opponent if he has it. I just wondered what gestures or responses are you looking for in order to help you decide to call? fold?
Old 12-14-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Looking for Tells Live

I look for how comfortable he is in his response and also how "forced" the response seems.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Looking for Tells Live

You are better off controlling the situation and making them look for tells on you...

That said. You are only likely to see a ture reaction for a brief second before they are in control again and masking. You need to go off that and not the act that follows.

Also listen to your gut. Your mind is working on lots of things that you are not fully aware of, let that super computer do its thing and listen to it.

Some obvious tells that you will find in weak or inexperienced players...

1) Ignoring the action, generally means strong and uncaring as to what is on the board or what the action is as they have the nuts.

2) Shaking hands. More times than not this is a monster or at least a monster in the mind of the player.

3) Flushing, again generally a strong hand.