Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Money Stolen

"The gay black employee line was purely a shot at all of you who freak out whenever such stuff is mentioned - mainly in situations when it is at least tangentially relevant - "Asian gambooler raises on the button" etc...

So I used such prejudice in a place where it had absolutely nothing to do with anything. Like such over the top closed minded biggotry that even you hyper PC flamers would know it was a joke and laugh. Alas, not."

This is exactly what people who couldn't get over the fact that the dude was a gay black guy say.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Searched on what grounds? Because you tell teh police they stole your money? There is no probable cause to search. If this were to work you could search people homes by merely accusing them of stealing your shoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most larger companies have employees sign an agreement when they are hired that allow for expanded rights to search their belongings. Years ago I worked in a record store that did this. I don't believe it's necessarily right, but if I believe one of these people has my $1,500, I am doing whatever I can to get it back. The money in many ways is less important to me than the principle, and I would feel worse if I didn't do everything within my power to get my money back.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all the people saying "you're an idiot" and "omg you are so stupid" re: leaving the money out:

I do not know OP, but my understanding is he has a lot of money. If so, you're all hugely over-reacting about this. Would it be stupid for you to leave your car keys and wallet with $75 in it on the bathroom counter after you got out of the shower and headed to bed? Maybe for some of you. For other of you, most definitely not. Sure there are always going to be safer places for it, but for someone else to get all up on you for it and call you a moron is dumb. Just because it may be a moronic for you to do does not make it equally stupid for someone else who has a lot more money. As an extreme example with the same principle, it would be dumb for a full-time McDonalds cashier to watch Warren Buffet throwing down $10k/hand Blackjack and berate him for being such a moronic fool as to take such a risk with such a "large" amount of money.

Again, I do not know OP at all. But it just strikes me as really unintelligent to tell someone else they're making such a hugeomgstupid mistake based solely on the fact that it'd be a mistake for themselves in this instance. I doubt I would have this natural reaction if it were just casually mentioned, but everybody seems to be making a huge deal out of the fact that OP is obviously a gigantic [censored] moron.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I talked to you about this on IRC, but I figured id leave my point here anyway, since im the one who first called him a moron.

You have a very valid point, and its true. 2K to him is prolly like $20 to me, and I wouldnt get paranoid about leaving $20 on a counter, simply because I dont care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moreover, $20 on the counter is less likely to be seen as an acceptable risk to steal by the hotel employee, whereas a higher percentage of employees would probably feel like a stack of 100s was "worth it".
Old 12-12-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The gay black employee line was purely a shot at all of you who freak out whenever such stuff is mentioned - mainly in situations when it is at least tangentially relevant - "Asian gambooler raises on the button" etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

well, since that's the deal, it sounds like there's a hispanic woman in vegas who just stuck it to the man.

if you think that qualified as such "over the top closed minded biggotry that even you hyper PC flamers would know it was a joke and laugh" that doesnt even begin to APPROACH what qualifies unfortuantely. as you see, the big N word isnt even censored on here for some reason. (forum suggestion please!)

bwana
Old 12-12-2005, 08:56 PM

From what I have been told on these boards about hotel security, if you would have left a "do not disturb" sign on the door, there would be no way any one could have gotten in and taken anything.
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 08:59 PM

this is really funny. especially given my post in that thread. who's laughing now, huh? if I had only listened to BK's wisdom. I knew some intrepid 2p2er would put that together.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this happens to me, the police are absolutely getting called. I'm wondering if an unlimited number of hotel employees would have had access to the room. If not, I want each employee who DID have access searched, and pronto.

What hotel was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Searched on what grounds? Because you tell teh police they stole your money? There is no probable cause to search. If this were to work you could search people homes by merely accusing them of stealing your shoe.

OP is an idiot for leaving his cash out and now its gone, though luck but I'm sure he wont do it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

THEY can search the employees...its not a RESIDENCE...
Old 12-12-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this happens to me, the police are absolutely getting called. I'm wondering if an unlimited number of hotel employees would have had access to the room. If not, I want each employee who DID have access searched, and pronto.

What hotel was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is an idiot for leaving his cash out and now its gone, though luck but I'm sure he wont do it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no ... assuming by "THEY" you mean the police.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:53 PM

lapoker17- I live in SM so iof you wanna go bust some heads to get your money back I'm in. Tonight might be a good night with Tookie getting fried.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What hotel was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no ... assuming by "THEY" you mean the police.

[/ QUOTE ]

They cant search your car if you dont let them, until they impound it. They can search your person if they have reasonable suspicion, correct? But whats the law if it is an employee? I would bet they probably can.