Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Everyday Dick Moves

thought of another traffic one. I get super annoyed with people in parking lots, who stop in the middle of the isle to wait for some car to back up so they can get the spot, when there are open spots not that far away, its jus they are to [censored] fat and lazy to walk. When I get in my car and someone does this [censored] behind me waiting for my spot, I just sit in my car like im going to back up, but then I just sit there and play with my radio until they finally get so impatient and pissed that they drive thru, then I immediately back out.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is one I hate when it's done to me.

You're in a long-ass line at a grocery store checkout (or wherever, really). A cashier opens a new lane, and the last guy in line hightails it over there along with everyone behind you. Pricks. I always offer the person in front of me to go over to the new line. This is why stores should go to a single-line, multiple checkout system.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a supermarket cashier, I am with you on this one. However, one of the most annoying things is when you're already open (usually an express line), and there are 4-5 people in line in the other line, and you say "I can help someone over here" and all 5 people turn and stare at each other while the person in the back of the line is the only one who doesn't act like a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta do it Trader Joe's style: "I can help the next person in line."
Old 12-09-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I brake-check people like a mofo because everyone in Florida tailgates. This pisses me off the the extent that I don't give a [censored] if they hit my baby (car) because Florida's got the rear-end law: whoever hits you from behind is at fault no matter what.

On the same note, if we're on a one-lane road and someone behind me is tailgating, I go as slow as legally allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. I used to drive an old POS pick up truck and I was SEVERE with my brake checks. Now I drive something nice and dont do it as bad, because it would be waaaay to much of a hassle to get everything fixed if they actually did hit me.

I like when someone is tailgaiting me and in an obvious hurry to get by, and its a 2 lane road and someone slow is in the right lane, I'll just pace them so the guy behind cant get by. But for added fun ill slow down a little bit so the car on the right gets ahead, and then when the guy behind me jumps lanes because it looks like that lane will be faster, I speed up, and when he jumps back into my lane, I slow down again. good times

[/ QUOTE ]

am i the only one that doesn't care about tailgating when there's more than one lane? if a guy wants to go faster than me in a > 1 lane situation, he has the right to. if i'm in the left i will get over to the right so he can get by
Old 12-09-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I brake-check people like a mofo because everyone in Florida tailgates. This pisses me off the the extent that I don't give a [censored] if they hit my baby (car) because Florida's got the rear-end law: whoever hits you from behind is at fault no matter what.

On the same note, if we're on a one-lane road and someone behind me is tailgating, I go as slow as legally allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this all the time. I used to drive an old POS pick up truck and I was SEVERE with my brake checks. Now I drive something nice and dont do it as bad, because it would be waaaay to much of a hassle to get everything fixed if they actually did hit me.

I like when someone is tailgaiting me and in an obvious hurry to get by, and its a 2 lane road and someone slow is in the right lane, I'll just pace them so the guy behind cant get by. But for added fun ill slow down a little bit so the car on the right gets ahead, and then when the guy behind me jumps lanes because it looks like that lane will be faster, I speed up, and when he jumps back into my lane, I slow down again. good times

[/ QUOTE ]

am i the only one that doesn't care about tailgating when there's more than one lane? if a guy wants to go faster than me in a > 1 lane situation, he has the right to. if i'm in the left i will get over to the right so he can get by

[/ QUOTE ]

its situationally dependant. I drive really fast anyway, so if someone is tailgaiting me they are hauling ass, but if its in a traffic situation it not like I can just let them by, so when they get RIGHT up on my ass it pisses me off, because there is no need for that. So I respond with equal dickishness.

I'll tailgate some [censored] whos cruising slow in the left lane on the highway for the same reason. Hes being an inconsiderate prick. In my case, I dont cruise down the left lane of a highway like an idiot, so im never confronted by tailgaters in that situation.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

darynisright.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its situationally dependant. I drive really fast anyway, so if someone is tailgaiting me they are hauling ass, but if its in a traffic situation it not like I can just let them by, so when they get RIGHT up on my ass it pisses me off, because there is no need for that. So I respond with equal dickishness.

I'll tailgate some [censored] whos cruising slow in the left lane on the highway for the same reason. Hes being an inconsiderate prick. In my case, I dont cruise down the left lane of a highway like an idiot, so im never confronted by tailgaters in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. Also, I have been tailed doing 70 in a 55 at night when it was pouring so hard you couldn't see anything. This is just downright dangerous and it freaks me out.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. Also, I have been tailed doing 70 in a 55 at night when it was pouring so hard you couldn't see anything. This is just downright dangerous and it freaks me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, points taken, yet.. if someone is tailing me doing 70 in a 55 at night when it's pouring so hard i can't see, then i definitely don't want to be "f'ing with him" and i'd rather just move and let him pass me somehow. the guy obviously has no regard for danger in the first place. i don't think messing with him is the smartest idea. then again this forum isn't really full of einsteins.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:17 PM

I wouldn't brake-check in that situation, I was just trying to show how freakin stupid tailgaters are and how dangerous it is to do anytime.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ok, points taken, yet.. if someone is tailing me doing 70 in a 55 at night when it's pouring so hard i can't see, then i definitely don't want to be "f'ing with him" and i'd rather just move and let him pass me somehow. the guy obviously has no regard for danger in the first place. i don't think messing with him is the smartest idea. then again this forum isn't really full of einsteins.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point. Me personally I wouldnt [censored] with someone in that situation, just because it seems so dangerous, id just let them go by. I like to pretend I pick my spots to do it in, but lets be honest, even [censored] with someone in a parking lot can get you shot in this day and age, so the smart play is to just let it all slide. But like you said, im not an eisntein and I have anger managment issues.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slower traffic on right is a foreign concept to some people, I guess.

Turtle races is a much dicker move than using the full lane to merge.