Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Hotels around Turning Stone/ Staying at Turning Stone

A friend and I are planning on going up to Turning Stone for the weekend, and I ran across a problem while looking up hotels in the area.

You need to be 19 (according to the internet) to have a room. Both of us are 18, so what lodging options do we have? Or are there hotels in the area, and the internet information is just misleading? Also, does anyone know of any age restrictions on staying at Turning Stone?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Hotels around Turning Stone/ Staying at Turning Stone

There are plenty of hotels/motels in the area. Most of them are reasonably priced and are usually 10-20 mins away just search the internet. What ever you do though, do not stay at the Red Roof Inn of Rome, its the most ghetto motel, I felt like some one was going to break into my room and kill me in my sleep.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:15 AM

stay at turning stone
make sure u get the tower

Falker
Old 11-22-2005, 02:54 AM

I have been to Rome. It's ghetto but pasty, never seen so many down and out blondes and redheads in my life that weren't crack addicted. It's a totally depressing town......
Old 11-22-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend and I are planning on going up to Turning Stone for the weekend, and I ran across a problem while looking up hotels in the area.

You need to be 19 (according to the internet) to have a room. Both of us are 18, so what lodging options do we have? Or are there hotels in the area, and the internet information is just misleading? Also, does anyone know of any age restrictions on staying at Turning Stone?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen them check ID at the hotel counter. I think you'd be fine.

On a different note, I will be there this weekend too - Saturday evening to Sunday afternoon, playing in the Sun tournament.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:54 AM

If for some reason you can't get a room at Turning Stone, try getting something in Syracuse, which is an easy half hour drive down the Thruway from Turning Stone. You'll probably get cheaper room rates too. Avoid Rome at all costs, as a few other posters have said...it's in a close 3-way race with Elmira and Troy for the title of "armpit of upstate New York".

--Scott
Old 12-02-2005, 09:46 PM

WOW!!! I know its an old post but I had a similar experience. I'm not sure if it was the Red Roof Inn in Rome or The Red Carpet Inn somewhere else but talk about scary. Me and two other friends stayed there when we went up to TS. We took a lonely dark back road to get there and the only thing around is a old rundown "family" restaurant. Scariest night of my life. Didn't help the matter that in the morning we find out my f'ing friend left the key in the door cause he was still so rattled from his blackjack run.