Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 03:13 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Fish Food: more to the extended version

OK as mentioned before I'm playing at a 23/15/4 pace. The other player at the river is a 50/3/.5 type of fellow. So how do you get to my stats? Well you put money in the pot in a lot of marginal situations.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: slavic is MP3 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $4.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, slavic calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (7.66 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">slavic bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, slavic calls, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.83 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">slavic raises</font>, CO folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11.83 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">slavic bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, slavic calls.

Final Pot: 15.83 BB
Old 11-11-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Fish Food: more to the extended version

So that's how to get to a 23% vpip...

Seriously, that hand is not good enough to play MP3. Button maybe, but not with two players to act behind you.

I think you should three-bet the flop against this type of an opponent for a free card (he seems pretty likely to give it to you). You save .5 BB when you hit your draw. Calling may help to increase your odds by letting the two dudes behind you stay in, but the 30% of a small bet you net from each of them calling and improving your odds (neglecting slightly increased implied odds) is less valuable than the .5 BB you'll save by getting the free card. They may call two cold anyway and you have an overlay four-handed so that's good for you. (If you think there's any reasonable chance you'll get three-bet, though, calling is better).
Old 11-11-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Fish Food: more to the extended version

I don't like preflop, and even if you wanna maintain those stats, I think you can find better spots than this.

Flop and turn looks good.

River: This is probably debatable, but I think it's good. I think this guy usually check/raises the flop against such a big field with something more than a pair of aces. Maybe I could 3bet this if I was good enough to fold to cap, but I ain't.

Overall, nice hand (except preflop).