Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 10-11-2005, 02:42 AM

Default Early Week 6 bets?

Anyone place any early bets yet for week 6? I put three in tonight.

Detroit -1

Detroit played TB tough on the road and then looked impressive this week against Baltimore. Detroit is playing back-to-back at home while Carolina is back-to-back on the road. Carilina was not impressive against Arizona this week. I think the line should be Detroit -3 or -4.

Denver -3

This is another situation where Denver is back-to-back at home and New England is back-to-back on the road. Given that and the numerous injuries New England has, Denver should be able to get the running game going, wear New England down, and control the game at home.

Indy -13.5

I still don't think Indy has played to their potential. The defense seems to be over-rated yet. IMHO they have not really played an offensive team yet (Balt, Jac, Cle, Ten, and SF?). I hope they keep going under while they play these non-offensive teams because the first time they play a good team, I will be pounding the over. I don't hink now is the time yet to pound the over with all that St Louis is going through with the coaching situation. Also, St Louis stinks bad on the road. Again this week I will get this bet in early and then watch it climb and play a middle for about half later on towards the end of the week.

Other thoughts:

I like Atlanta to crush New Orleans without Deuce and maybe Horn?

I like KC at first glance but have no idea why. It just stands out for some reason.

Cleveland has played everyone close/tough. If Baltimore can't get the offense going, no reason Cleaveland can't cover that line.

If TB can't run on Miami, 4.5 might be too much to give. It should be a low scoring game.

Anyone else see anything that they like early on?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Early Week 6 bets?

at first glance I like Browns +5.5 - they have played everyone tough as you say and the Ravens can't seem to get out of their own way with AWright at QB.

The problem is that the Browns don't run the ball well and the Ravens D is very tough against the pass so the Brown could have trouble moving the ball.

But... they won't have far to move it if Wright gives it to them as he's prone to do. 5.5 is too many for the Ravens to be getting here, even at home.

As much as I hate betting against home dogs and as much as I think this is going to be a BSP pick, the Bengals showed something against the Jags on Sunday. I like them -3 at Titans. I think the over (45) looks fairly playable as well, but Pinny currently has it at -107.

Redskins +5.5 (-108 @ Pinny). First, the problems : 2nd road game in a row, not much offense, its only a matter of time before Brunell goes down and you don't want to have $$$ on the 'Skins in the game that he does. Now, the reasons to bet the Skis : solid D; will keep game close; will move ball some against questionable Chiefs D. I like the Redskins getting 5.5 even on the road.

FishNChips
4-6-0
-1unit