Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-27-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: A3s in the SB. I play some poker.

High pf aggro (unlimitted in the steal) and loose preflop. Likes to take a stab at any flop, but then scared/weak post-flop. That is the animal we are dealing with here.

When I saw A3s I saw an opportunity to take control, win some extra bets preflop and on the flop and fold him out the majority of the time. (Not counting all the times I actually have the best hand.)

I don't mind people wanting to fold. But I think there's plenty of gas in the hand, in this circumstance, personally.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind people wanting to fold. But I think there's plenty of gas in the hand, in this circumstance, personally.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he has ANY two cards here, you are only a 58/42 favorite to win. If he's stealing with the top 50% of his hands, it's considerably worse. I do agree that if you intend on playing, you must three bet.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:05 AM

Dude, you're my idol.

Awesome, and by that I mean totally sweet. Blues Brothers reference is +++++++++++++EV.

This river, though . . . hmm. Let's think about it.

On the river, you have two goals:
1. Make a better hand fold.
2. Make a worse hand pay you off.

Given what we know about this guy, I think it's possible we can accomplish this. Your nonstop aggression might convince him that his A/8 is no good. You might also get him to call with K/J; Lord knows I've done that too many times against donks who come in with any two.

So, yeah, it's possible, but how likely?

In truth, probably not very.

He hasn't shown one particle of aggression since you popped the flop, so if you check, I doubt he's betting here. If he does, call, since you might just snap him off and win a bet from a hand he wouldn't have called with.

In the end, you both likely have no piece of this, and either your nothing is just slightly better than his nothing, or just slightly worse. (Or he has a Q, in which case you're really screwed.) Not enough to value bet. Check-call.