Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 02:31 PM

Default BB w/ 88

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

I was very unimpressed that my raise on the flop only knocked out one player. Not sure my river bet was wise since it appears most everyone was calling down regardless. Thoughts?
Old 08-05-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: BB w/ 88

I like it.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do to...except i'm curious about the river bet. granted, i'd fire again probably, but i'd be sure to see the Q in someone's hand [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 03:10 PM

For some reason this river bet has been bothering me all morning. My thoughts:

On this flop, I have two types of hands calling me here. Those that hit something on the flop and are willing to call me all the way down in typical passive UB fashion (one player did have A3o, case in point). The other type of hands would be flush and straight draws which obviously did not hit on the river. I can only assume that any bet by me would fold those players meaning I'd gain nothing from them with a river bet. On the other hand, with the 5 pairing, someone calling down with a 5 would now have the opportunity to raise me with their trips. Coupled with the Q overcard on the turn, I'm thinking that c/c might have been a decent line.

On the other hand, the only person who showed any aggression was the SB, and he has already checked the river through. I'd certainly hate to see two more checks behind me, so as of now, I'm leaning towards betting like I did. Hrmmm, I've confused myself....meh.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:34 PM

I'd probably play it the same, but the river is still bothering me. Will A-hi, 3's and 6's call here? Sure. But I think you will have 1 Q and a bunch of busted draws, or get raised by a 5 that was calling down. If you check/call you risk it getting checked through when your hand might be best. I dont think you will get better hands to fold. So this is a thin value bet. Do you have any reads? I guess im on the fence and would like to hear some reasoning from some experts.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:39 PM

Preflop: I'm not against raising, depending on the texture of the table, but checking is fine.

Flop: Good raise. Your overpair is, most likely, the best hand. Raise to knock out those pesky overcards.

Turn: Against three opponents, it's decently likely that a Q is out there, but I think a bet is fine. For the times that a Q is not out there, you need to continue charging hands like K9 and JT to draw against you.

River: Based on the turn action, it looks like everybody's calling, no matter what you do. I just check/call here, I think (folding if it's two back to me).
Old 08-05-2005, 03:40 PM

It is a value bet and its the right play in that situation. Nice hand.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:41 PM

I like it, including the river bet. For one, I think if any 6 or 3 got this far they are definitely calling, and occasionally an ace will call. Since if you check you will certainly have to call a bet here, and these folks will call with much more than they will bet with, AND I think it's an easy fold to a raise, good bet.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:10 PM

Looks good to me.

I like the river bet personally. Of course if someone raises you should probably fold. But I don't think someone will hold a Q or 5 nearly as often as you would have the best hand against some missed draws and overcards.