Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 01:13 PM

Default O Doyle Rules Trip & Main Event Report

Hi All,

The wife and I arrived in Vegas late on the night of the fifth. We are staying at the Rio and overall are quite pleased with the accomodations. The suites are very spacious.

However, we when first entered our suite we heard a baby crying quite loudly from the adjoining suite. This went on for some time, so I call down to the front desk and ask to be moved. The Rio tells me that they are sold out and I cannot be moved. They ask me if I want them to call security on the people! I naturally told them no.

I went down to the front desk and told them I was registered to play in the ME and I really needed to be moved so I could get proper rest. They promised to move us in the morning and comped us a meal, so I thought that was pretty nice.

As I was walking around the Rio I kept seeing an unbelievable amount of young children. It turns out they also have a youth dance competition convention booked. What a combinaton! Degenerate gamblers and five year old tap dancers!

The next night TruePoker Ceo takes us out for a nice dinner before I play in the ME the following morning at AJ's Steak House at the Hard Rock. I got a filet and lobster tail. Very nice!

Met up with other 2ers at Starbucks the next morning before playing in the ME. (Nice bunch of guys) Unfortunately, I haven't got to catch up with MicroBob, Granny Mae or Aamazon.

I make my way to the Main Event room. Its about 10:30 am and there is just a swarm of people milling around. Very few players are seated yet. (Play starts at 11 am) I walk around a bit and finally decide to take my seat about 10:50am. At this time they are 5 other players at my table. Four which are internet qualifiers. The dealer tells us that 20% of the field are PokerStars qualifiers and that 50% of the field are internet qualifiers!

The rest of the table joins us and action starts promptly at 11 am. The table starts out playing very, very tight! About the third hand, I pick up pocket fives in the big blind. I am heads up with another player and I flop a five giving me a set. I check, other player bets about half the pot and I just call. On the turn the boards pairs, (twos I think) giving me a boat. I check again hoping to trap, but the other player also checks. River, I decide to bet out half the post ($400) and he calls. I later find out the player in this hand is Jennifer Harmon's husband and has cashed in seven of the holdem events so far this year!

To his right I find out is Dutch Boyd's brother, Ryan. The TV cameras are filming quite a bit at our table due to these two guys primarily. These guys are sitted to my immediate left. I'm seated in seat # 6 and in seat # 3 is a good looking blonde. T.J. Cloutier stops by and says, "Look out for that blonde, she is trouble!" Turns out she is connected to some site called something like pokerbabes.com or pokerbeauties.com.

The first twenty minutes will see me catch more cards that I will see for the rest of the Event. Unfortunately, I get no action and for the most part just pick up blinds. The dealer even jokes about that we never get past the flop! Right before the first break I pick up pocket Jacks in EP. I raise about 3x the big blind, everyone folds except the big blind who calls. He is the only player at the table who has been willing to see flops and is playing the most hands. Flop comes something like T 6 2 with 2 clubs and I bet about 2/3 of the pot and he calls. Turn comes another small card. I bet again about 2/3 third of the pot and he calls again. At this point, I am putting him on AT suited with the flush draw. (or maybe I was hoping) On the end, comes a blank so I bet about half the pot, thinking it was a value bet. He turns over QQ and I go from being about up 1500 in chips to down about 1500 in chips at the break.

The next two levels see me go completely card dead. I pick up blinds every now and then but I find myself down about 2.5k in chips.

I then pick up AK in the big blind, I get raised by CO about 2x blind (Blinds are now 100/200). I reraise to about 1K, CO (solid player) thinks for a long time and then raises me all-in! He's got me slightly covered. I think for a long time and decide to fold with 6.5k in chips left. Too early to play showdown I think with my stack size about 30x the big blind.

I continue to be card dead when I pick up AQ on the button. Weak tight internet player limps in from EP and everyone else folds. I raise about 4x the Big Blind and he calls. Flop comes K Q x. He checks, I bet 1/2 the pot and he calls. Flop comes blank. He checks, I check. This player on several times, has checked down top pair for the win. Limping in with hands like KK or QQ. River comes blank and he now bets out about the size of the pot(about 2k). I think for a long time and decide to fold with 4k in chips left.

Blinds are still 100/200, but now with $ 25 antes. EP raises, guy who raised me all-in earlier reraises to about 3k. I look down at 77. I think for along time finally folding thinking for sure I am behind and would have to flop a 7. I was right, first player had Jacks and the other one Queens. Bad news is a 7 does come on the flop and that pot would have revived me.

I am now down to about 2.5k in chips and I pick up TT in the Big blind. CO player who put me all-in earlier rasies about 3x my blind. I decide to push with my TT to either try to double up or win the pot right there. After much, much thinking by him he calls, saying he knows he is behind. He turns over Q9 suited and a Q falls on the river putting me out of the tourney!

I am bummed right now, but I'm sure I will come out of it. I am debating about playing in one of the 1k events later in the week.

Funny side note: Table beside us had a 91 year old man playing. They have a rule if you drop the F bomb, you are timed out for playing for 10 minutes. Old guy says F it and gets timed out. I laugh and say 90 year olds should be exempt from this rule.

Thanks again to TruePoker and all you guys at the zoo for all the support!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:21 PM

Default Re: O Doyle Rules Trip & Main Event Report

Damn, sorry to here that. I hope someone from here does well. Take care!
Old 07-08-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I decide to push with my TT to either try to double up or win the pot right there. After much, much thinking by him he calls, saying he knows he is behind. He turns over Q9 suited and a Q falls on the river putting me out of the tourney!

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew the WSOP was rigged.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm seated in seat # 6 and in seat # 3 is a good looking blonde. T.J. Cloutier stops by and says, "Look out for that blonde, she is trouble!" Turns out she is connected to some site called something like pokerbabes.com or pokerbeauties.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this her? Poker-Babes.com
Old 07-08-2005, 11:40 PM

sorry you were out so quickly but want to thank you for entertaining us with your exploits and wish you the best of luck if you decide to enter another world series event.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm seated in seat # 6 and in seat # 3 is a good looking blonde. T.J. Cloutier stops by and says, "Look out for that blonde, she is trouble!" Turns out she is connected to some site called something like pokerbabes.com or pokerbeauties.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this her? Poker-Babes.com

[/ QUOTE ]

That was her. Funny thing about it, she was wearing a PokerStars shirt and in my mind at least she was in the bottom half of the players at the table as far as ability went. (As far as looks she was Number # 1 with a bullet)

She was the first one out from our table but this was not until the 4th level of play. By this time I think there had been about 40 other tables that had already busted up. I guess maybe an indicator that our table was tougher than average.

Does anyone know if Marco Traniello who was at my table is Jennifer Harmon's husband? He looked very young to me.

I had also forget to mention that Scott Fischmann kept coming by our table to check up on Ryan Boyd's play. He was about two tables over.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:01 PM

Yes, Marco is Jennifer's husband. sorry to see you get knocked out on the first day. Better luck next year!