Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 04:23 AM

Default maximum/good roi/itm for super cheap sngs?

i am playing some $2 + .20 at pokerchamps... games are incredibly fishy, so far i have 1/2/3/3/4 as my placings in just 5 sngs. obviously this isnt reliable for a long term expectation, but what could I expect to level off at for such a low limit game?
Old 06-12-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: maximum/good roi/itm for super cheap sngs?

I don't think it'd be THAT different from the $10+1's... I'd guess 35-40%, depending on just how much that pool of players sux.
Old 06-12-2005, 04:52 AM

its awful.. like 5 handed at level 2
Old 06-12-2005, 01:52 PM

What you can expect is a lot of fluctuation if you are new to SNGs most likely.

If you could have the following:
ITM: 45%
ROI: 40%
You would be doing very well indeed, I don't care how weak your opponents are. If you can maintain an ROI of 30% you should be very happy.

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions after 5 tournaments (I know you prefaced your post that you knew this was too small a sample...) because you can get some really odd results over such a small sample. I was playing yesterday and had a set of 4 tournaments (I quad table) where by level 3 all 4 tables had fewer than 5 players, which is very unusual. The next set of 4 had 3 full tables at level 5 and still had 8 on the other table. The first set would indicate that these are very fishy tables, while the second set would indicate that these are very tough tables. Neither of these is the case, but those would be general conculsions based upon just those 4 tourneys.

Try and avoid drawing any real conclusions until you have at least 500 SNGs (and even that is a very small sample size). Work on making correct plays and any time you have a questionable hand, post here for comments. Always be sure to include all the information that you had at the time such as buy in, how loose/tight the other players were, stack sizes, blind sizes, etc.

It also isn't a bad idea to occasionally post a hand that you thought was correctly played, but turned out oddly (I'm not talking about a bad beat) or even turned out how you thought it should, but in hindsight seemed like a questionable call, etc.

There is also a very nice hand converter by bisonbison that makes hands much easier for others to read and evaluate. So it is nice to use that if you play on a site that the converter works for.

If you are aware of all this information on posting hands, etc., then I apologize, but not everyone is so I thought I would include this.

Good luck and welcome if you are new to this forum.