Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: baby geese and beavers

A game animal killed in an accident (vehicle or otherwise) becomes the property of the state, at least that is law in the state I grew up in. So the legal thing to do is call the state police or sheriffs office etc. and they are suppose to take care of the animal. Few people observed this law however. It was enacted so people will not 'purposely' try and kill animals with a vehicle and then get to keep the dead animal for the food or hide, etc. The law makes little sense but that has never deterred the idiots in the legislator.

By the way, more deer are killed in the U. S. by collisions with motor vehicles than by any other means, including hunting.

-Zeno
Old 05-02-2005, 03:25 PM

Inspiring topic for another heart-touching Hallmark card. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Venetian canals have been home to six baby ducks and their parents for the past few weeks. I go by there occassionally during my walks and feed them crackers.

Baby ducks are cute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baby ducks grow really fast. Those Venetian canal ducks are nearly half the size of their mother now. They also seem to be very Vegas-assimilated. I went by yesterday morning at 8:30 am and they were all sleeping. What kind of a bird sleeps at 8:30 in the morning?

I found some new baby ducks (no more than two weeks old) in the Mirage pond connected to the volcano. There seem to be two families with about 8-10 total baby ducks. There's also a couple of strange black water birds which I had never seen before.

More baby ducks