Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 03-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: deer droping antlers

he is from the east coast and a five point rack there is a ten point one. they count each side.
there were elk all over the u.s in the past before man ate them all. or wiped them out because they competed with cows for grass.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:26 PM

Hey Ray,

Were having the same troubles here in Washington. Snowpack is about 14-23% (though the passes were shutdown last night due to recent snow--too little too late).

I am from the east and have been there for deer season every year since 1980. Not sure how many points they have there since rifles stay in trunk, but we see many eating corn at 4AM while playing cards. Yes we do count total points though.

I can get my arse out of bed for a big brown though.

Here in Western Washington we have no great trout streams. No nutrients. The Yak in central Wa. is ok but I was hoping to make a trip you your state's hallowed waters. Wondering, given the current state of snowpack, when that should be.

Will the flows still be ok in June?
Where would you reccomend to go?

I don't need the stellar hatches (I can fling some lead if necessary), just some active fish and a spot that is not elbow to assshole full of the orvis crowd.

Any input would be appreciated.

Have a great spring,

PT
Old 03-27-2005, 04:06 PM

fishing is good now on nice days until the runoff. late may and june depending on the river. then it gets good on certain rivers and not on others. august hoppers bring action. then sept. oct is great.
there are few big fish caught in summer on the rivers.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I never thought she was a guy. No guy would ever act as crazy as she does. I also have no doubt that she is rich as hell as it really does show in her mannerisms. I was more interested if her claims of you guys talking, Avid being her boyfriend, etc were all true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't make a habit of talking specifics about other people unless I know for absolute sure, but I'm pretty sure exactly one of those things is false.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, correct....Avids NOT my boyfriend....hes my best friend! get it right!!! o and ive never said were rich...and ive talked to GoT a few times that way - for a few reasons, and its not a "common" thing
Old 03-27-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are elk antlers. Trust me, I know. The pair are large to me, and that is what counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to Ray and the deer. I hadn't noticed both of you mentioned 5 points.

I didn't mean to question your ability to tell a deer antler from an elk [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Most Zuni live in New Mexico near the Arizona border though there is a samller reservation in Arizona proper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I learn too much around here. My parents are from AZ and they got it in Tombstone. My mother is going to a show for fetishes this week(*). She said she would ask.

Mine was done by Elton Kaamasee and is somewhat of a large version of what you see if you chase the link below.

Best,
Pinga
* My mom's not a perv.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:06 PM

From Ray Zee's post: august hoppers bring action.

What does this mean? August hoppers??

Ray Zee, sorry about clogging up your thread with the annoying peachy/wacki arguement.

peachy, we have to stop this. I know it's my fault it got started here (with help from gaming_mouse), and I was stupid enough to post the question you PM'ed me, but no more in this thread. So wacki will bite his tongue at the last statement and ignore all future comments from you in this thread.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:44 PM

grasshoppers fall from the bank and the trout go wild for them in august and sept.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:14 PM

Hey Ray, I've been out scouting a few times since the season ended here and only found 2 sheds so far. I spend alot of time in the woods, probably more than I do at the poker table! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I hunt public land here in NJ, not the best or easiest but there are deer to be found you just have to work hard for them.

Sheds are hard to come by on the property I hunt though, not many resident bucks make it through the season and the big boys come in during the rut from adjacent pieces but quickly move back into those pieces once the rut dies down.

It's nice out west, I was out in Wyoming in November and can remember pushing a river bottom and was finding small sheds like every 50-100 yards. They are like a diamond in the rough here in NJ, but like a dime a dozen out there on the leased land, pretty wild! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 12:15 PM

Yeah yer a spoiled brat, k thx! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-29-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Errr.... I didn't realize that was Tom Hanks in that picture. Given peachies post history and past claims, I call a big fat bullshit on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

a BS on what?? that thats my dad or my house?? LOL!!!

And Wacki...there r people on this board who know me in real life...so anything i say EXCEPT for how i look..is entirely true

[/ QUOTE ]

No one should believe a word this (cough) girl says.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]