Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Limping A10o

Comments appreciated. This is one of those border line hand/situations that I want to turn into profitability. Calling two bets cold is always tough, but I felt that it could easily be a draw and I wasn't going to lay the hand down that quick.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

River: (15 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 04-17-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Limping A10o

I'd raise seeing how theres only one limper and you're only two away from the blinds.

I'd probably fold here depending on my reads on villains. Turn is a really ugly situation. I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:49 AM

Raise preflop. You are usually drawing dead or very slim when it's 2 back to you on the turn. Good fold IMO.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:51 AM

Raise preflop. I think it'll make the rest of the hand a little easier.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise seeing how theres only one limper and you're only two away from the blinds.

I'd probably fold here depending on my reads on villains. Turn is a really ugly situation. I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about pre-flop raise. I limped because UTG was solid player and I felt he'd only limp with solid hands. Turns out he limped with QQ, but whatever.

You'd probably fold facing two bets on the turn (the first time?) or what are you saying?
Old 04-17-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop. I think it'll make the rest of the hand a little easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that I should stress the point of the title. I'm aware that almost all the time you should raise pre-flop in this situation, but I limped. Any comments about rest of hand? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop. You are usually drawing dead or very slim when it's 2 back to you on the turn. Good fold IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone keeps saying raise-preflop. I guess I should have stressed the fact that I limped for a reason and hence the title. So question, what do you think of the first cold call on the turn? I'm thinking I should have even dropped the hand there, because I knew UTG was fairly solid/tricky player.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG was fairly solid/tricky player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop, then.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:02 AM

You should put your read of UTG in the original post. Otherwise we don't know why you limped.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should put your read of UTG in the original post. Otherwise we don't know why you limped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.