Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: KTs at 10/20 stars

Hi Trix,

I think this is an interesting hand. Perhaps it is partially because you seem to be in a mess being so out of position w/ a likely dominated king. I know the texture of the game is very important to your decisions and I have no idea what the stars games or these players are like, but against average 10/20 players like on PP, I think the call is marginal at best. I wouldn't CC this on the button. Would you? A lot of times that is what I ask when I'm looking for a fold. Since a lot of the strength of your hand comes from it being suited, I would like the call a lot more if CO was not about to go all in. Perhaps my reasoning is wrong and or your reads overcame these factors. I presume that if you had any strong reads you'd have included them in your OP.

The flop is interesting too. What would you have done if you tried to C/R and it came back to you 2 bets? Having a poor kicker in an aggressive pot w/ a million draws looks to be a tough spot for me. I would like to hear you comment on how you think the CO being all in effects your decisions (if it did). What were you putting UTG on when you capped and what was your purpose for the cap?

By the time the turn drops, to me you look to be behind 50% at least. UTG was EP PFR, so I think a better K is more likely than spades. But spades/gutshot are certainly possible as well as a PP and A9. It looks more likely to me that you are the one drawing and the side pot is so small that offering a free card does not look to be too dangerous. W/ the extra outs that you picked up, I like having UTG in lead as it makes a river c/r more likely when you catch. Do you have any thoughts on this?

My initial thoughts...

PT