Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2004, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Somebody congratulate me!

[ QUOTE ]
There are people I've told, but they're people I've met and liked or corresponded with for a while, who I trust aren't interested in saying "bison is the 29th best SS poster" or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

you wish. everybody who is anybody knows you are 31st.

Also, i just try to play break even poker for the free drinks that my computer dispenses to me. Rake Back pays the internet bill, and i whore myself out to pay for the drugs.

Im glad to see this thread went from moderatly pointless, to really stupid, to me talking about whoring myself out.

Milo, keep your head up, your CC% down, and your wife happy. Everything else will take care of itself. And, if not, there is the blue pill.

peace

john nickle
Old 12-19-2004, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, if not, there is the blue pill.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, how I wish I would've taken the blue pill.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for win-rate being a valuable statistic to discuss, haven't the numerous posts by bison and several other posters shown everyone why win-rate isn't an especially valuable statistic to discuss? It takes a particularly large sample size to determine win-rate with any particular specificity, large enough that to make strategy changes based on that number alone is pretty stupid. There are many other statistics that converge to their "true" number much faster than win-rate, and that say much more about your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Valueless Stat? Sure I suppose, but there are a buncha things on this forum that aren't particularly useful as far as changing or improving one's game that are nevertheless interesting and/or informative.

Me, I kinda like challenge and progress posts, despite their sudden proliferation. Just for an example. And I'm pretty sure they don't have any value to me other than their entertainment quotient.

And particularly for newbies, trying to figure all this out, one of the interesting questions as far as winning is, what's doable, what's possible, what's good and what's just decent and what's kinda sucky? The fact that after they log 15k hands or wahtever small sample number they have they have no way of knowing what their own winrate is, doesn't make that less interesting and perhaps even important for them to know.

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the general thoughts of 2+2ers everywhere...

1BB/100 - good
2BB/100 - very good
2.5BB/100 - great
3BB/100 - excellent or superior (or unsustainable)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but at the same time, it's more interesting
to know, not just what's theoretically good or great but what people have actually done. For instance I've seen any number of posts saying that .5/1.00 is beatable for 5 BB/100. But from the tone of all those posts I didn't think anybody claiming that had actually done it over any interesting number of hands.
Then somebody, I forget who, sorry, posted their pt screen shot showing about 180k hands at .5/1.00 with a winrate if I remember correctly of about 4.8 BB's/100. And I went--now that is really cool.

Valuable? Maybe not. Statistically too smal a sample even with 180K hands?--I suppose so. But still really cool to see somebody achieving that kind of result over that length of time.

Finally, about it being similar to asking somebody's salary, maybe...but my view is that there are situations where that's not rude and cotextually, my own opinion is that in the context of these forums its not necessarily a rude question. Course I may just be socially inept, ya know.

--Zetack
Old 12-19-2004, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's a rude question, I just don't like DataMiner.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you're finally being honest. But...you're more than amicable when you respond to posts from one of my other accounts. I wonder what rubs you the wrong way about DataMiner. The Name? The lack of several hundered or thousand posts? My excessive use of _underscores_ and parentheticals (not to mention quotes)?
Old 12-19-2004, 07:05 PM

At least you're finally being honest.

Yeah, cause you'll see a lot of me not being honest elsewhere.

But...you're more than amicable when you respond to posts from one of my other accounts. I wonder what rubs you the wrong way about DataMiner.

Well, maybe you just post really annoying sh[/b]it from this account. When I want to ask a question, I just come out and ask. From my main account.

The Name? The lack of several hundered or thousand posts? My excessive use of _underscores_ and parentheticals (not to mention quotes)?

Who cares? Not I.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But...you're more than amicable when you respond to posts from one of my other accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what purpose do you need multiple accounts here?
Old 12-19-2004, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But...you're more than amicable when you respond to posts from one of my other accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what purpose do you need multiple accounts here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently so you can screw with people who you ordinarily wouldn't want to screw with in anonymity and then call them out on treating you differently while you are screwing with them.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently so you can screw with people who you ordinarily wouldn't want to screw with in anonymity and then call them out on treating you differently while you are screwing with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...yes, but change "ordinarly wouldn't want to screw with" to "ordinarily _would_ want to screw with."

And there are other reasons too. Be creative.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh.

Milo, who I like, is in the middle of a downswing and made a pity post. Milo is an adult, and a therapist, and a SS regular and knows exactly what happens when you make a pity post: you invite mockery.

So I mocked him. Milo doesn't need defending, and there's no way in hell I would post my win-rate publicly here, so f[/i]uck off. It is none of your business. This is not about me being arrogant. This is about me having a little fun at Milo's expense (which he knowingly invited upon himself), and you showing up out of nowhere and pretending like there was a need to know what "great" means. Please.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a pity post. I invited the mockery. I need no defending. I appreciated the comments of my colleagues here (especially Tosh's disdain).

I'm annoyed by the hijack. This thread is about my pathos, not Bison's winrate. So, if you don't want to talk about me, then go away and annoy some other thread. This is my pity thread, and I don't want it disturbed.

-Thank you, that is all.

EDIT: Wait, one more thing. At 100,000 hands of 2/4 and 3/6 I will post a screen shot with my exact numbers. This will, no doubt, invite people to call me a liar, or a braggart, or a sucker (depending on how it turns out). I care not, I've just always wanted to do that since Astroglide's famous 100K hand post.

Now, finally, that is all.
Old 12-19-2004, 07:41 PM

Well, I like Milo so I'll respect his wishes.

I'll go find another thread. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]