Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Stars KK river fold.

Fast allin!!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Straight, flush, full house, duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I am referring to this flop only. Not any possible 5 card hand. So you're checking behind here because you want pot control and a flush is likely? Please help me understand.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but I am referring to this flop only. Not any possible 5 card hand. So you're checking behind here because you want pot control and a flush is likely? Please help me understand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I threw in the "pot control" comment sarcastically because I am a snarky [censored]. People who advocate this concept often annoy me. I am sorry if this confused you. Sarcasm is difficult to convey on a message board.

And obviously a flush is not likely. Since there has been no betting yet, the only information we have to go on is card combinations. There is no reason to suspect that we are against a flush.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey man, well....people who check behind on flop obviously don't play in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it obvious?
Old 11-03-2005, 09:15 PM

I've read two posts from you today. In both instances you're giving your opponent waaaay to much credit. The other instance is where you folded a set of threes. I understand the concept of laying down big hands...The (Phil Hellmuth syndrome) but I think you should seriuosly work on your hand reading skills...no way I fold this river.
You folded getting 4:1 on your river call...he could easily have something like a pair and flush draw that you have beat....Call!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd usually check the flop, but your line is fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I often check flops where it is possible that a five-card hand is already out. This seems like a good spot to do that. Also, pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]
Blah!!! Pot control.. you have Kings with the King of hearts..get some money in there on the flop and reeavulate the turn.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:05 PM

While my laydowns are most certainly debatable, I don't think the issue is my hand reading skills.

I strongly think the player had 65 in the hand where I laid down a set and I stand by that. The action on the flop and turn makes perfect sense for it. The second most likely hand would seem to be 44, which has me crushed as well.

With his betting pattern on this hand, I don't see there being much chance of him having a hand that I beat. Don't you think there's a very good chance that there's a very good reason he's laying me 4:1?

I also assure you my laydowns have nothing to do with watching Phil Hellmuth.

Ryan
Old 11-03-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've read two posts from you today. In both instances you're giving your opponent waaaay to much credit. The other instance is where you folded a set of threes. I understand the concept of laying down big hands...The (Phil Hellmuth syndrome) but I think you should seriuosly work on your hand reading skills...no way I fold this river.
You folded getting 4:1 on your river call...he could easily have something like a pair and flush draw that you have beat....Call!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sry dude, but youre the one who needs to work on the hand reading skills...
the 333 was a really nice laydown... this hand, id either push as a bluff, or fold... calling this down w/ one pair is a donkey play.. its almost certainly no good.

you sound like a bigtime calling station.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I often check flops where it is possible that a five-card hand is already out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad thinking.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because I often check flops where it is possible that a five-card hand is already out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not see why.