Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 PM

Default soliciting potential science or math topics

While occasionally amusing, I find the endless stream of posts about religion and general Sklanskyanity in this forum to be a little boring. And I'd love to see more science and math content. I'm trying at the moment to think up something interesting to post along those lines, since I think the best way to move things in the right direction is by actually producing content. But it's pretty difficult to come up with something to write that hits the sweet spot of being both intelligible to an interested lay audience and also contains deep, interesting content. It makes me appreciate the difficulty of good popular science writing.

So I guess I'm looking for ideas for good things to write about, and not necessarily for myself. There are a pretty good number of science and math types around here who I bet would have interesting things to say if prompted, or if they had an idea what people would like to hear about. I have a couple of things that once I understand them better I think would be fun to talk about - decoherence and Schrodinger's cat seems like it would be fun - but I'm not quite there yet. What are you interested in?