Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2003, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Inappropriate Remarks at the Poker Table

you guys are making quite a duo. Of course this is over top, maybe it's annoying, but who cares? The guy quoting rounders is annoying. That you be inappropriate.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:06 PM

Default LOL n/m

nm.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:51 AM

Praise be! With 40 of them I'm almost assured that a few are hotties!

If they're hotties, why are they still virgins?

But, after the first three or four virgins, you're going to start wanting a woman who knows what she's doing.

After three or four? I've always suspected you were a good poker player, Dynasty, but with this kind of patience you must be among the best! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2003, 04:07 AM

I always considered a highly inappropriate remark to be "and most important Rape and Pillage" or "Kill Whitey". Telling me that Jesus loves me makes me chuckle, but if you get offended by this, than that's on you. It's not pushing religion on anyone, in any way. If someone told me Allah or Mohammad loved me, I wouldn't be offended.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:38 PM

I'm much more offended by the "Good luck all" portion of the comment, allthough not too bad in this situation seeing how the person was leaving.

What really irratates me is the people that sit down and wish everyone good luck. When I sit down to the table I hope that everyone else has horrible luck! When they wish me good luck either they are 1) a good player and are outright lying to me or 2)they're just plain stupid (which is not so bad as long as I get their chips)!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:45 PM

As long as there are gut shot straight draws and runner runner flushes, there will be prayer/religion at the poker table... lol. Of course God doesn't hear us, he is too busy with the guys at the crap table begging for the hard 8.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:48 PM

Are you talking about the implication that everyone in the game is a losing player? I think it was a rather clever way to say that a group of people suck at poker.

I think the most inappropriate remark is: I want to see that hand.

~D
Old 11-11-2003, 03:00 PM

Default Re: witnessing at the table?!

First temple destroyed in 77 AD.

When the second Jewish Temple was destroyed by the Romans, they expelled all the Jews out of Israel (which is the basis for the Zionist movement, I might add).

In exile, Jews turned to prayer instead of sacrifice, substituting one service of prayers (Shachrit, Mincha, and Ma'ariv for morning, afternoon, and evening respectively) for each sacrifice that would have been held in Temple times. The temple was holy ground and the only legitimate location for a true sacrifice to God. The Western wall is the last remaining piece of the temple destroyed in 576 AD.

The only thing preventing the reconstruction of the temple (given that the blueprints were reconstructed by archaeologists) is the small problem of the Muslim Haram al-Sharif. They would simply go ape-poo if the Jews wanted to rebuild the temple. Amazing though, considering Israel's military superiority and evil occupier colonist yada yada yada, that they haven't just taken it back and started construction. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But that is most certainly a topic for another forum.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:05 PM

God explicitly states in the old testament that he will never send someone to change the sabbath laws - only he and he alone will change them.

Jesus comes along, decides sabbath will be sunday.

Then he got a spanking and was sent to bed without dinner.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2003, 04:13 PM

Jesus also claims to be God's son, and to be acting in full accordance and power of that position. in essence, Jesus IS God, and therefore Jesus can change Sabbath laws. according to the teachings of the New Testament.