Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Early in Stars nighttime 20+2

[ QUOTE ]
As I suspected, the initial bettor (BB) had 58 and the caller/shover in mp3 had 5c4c, for an open ender and a flush draw

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that's uh, quite a specific read. much easier once they turn their cards face up, huh?

limping there is good pre-flop, and your first raise is good, but once there's a call and a push, you have a definite fold.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Early in Stars nighttime 20+2

Rephrase: I suspected a straight draw and a flush draw to be out there, and believed that with the level of play in the tourney (now that I know the odds, including my own play), I would have heard about a better king than my own before the flop. 66 77 and 67 were possible....but blegh.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
next time put in the situation I plan to call the flop and reevaluate the turn. I'm pretty sure had I done that here I would have taken down a good pot on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont be results oriented. What would you have done if the turn brought the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Not saying that calling isn't a fine line, but dont suggest you would do it just because it would have worked out best for this hand.

Regards-