Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Interesting hand on \"live at the bike\"

okay...here's the situation. Curious of what all of you think.
10-20 blinds NL game:
Barry Woods raises it to $120 with J/J. Kenna James is the only caller. They both have about $11,000 behind them.
Flop is 10-7-6 with two spades.
Kenna: Check
Barry: bets $250
Kenna: Check-raise to $800
Barry: Raise it $1000 more.
Kenna calls.
what do you think Kenna might have?
turn brings the K of diamonds.
Kenna: Check
what do you do if you're Barry?
Barry: bet $1500
Kenna: Raise to $5000
Now what do you do if you're barry? What do you think Kenna has?
Barry calls.
River brings the 10 of hearts.
Kenna moves all in: $5000 more
now what do you do if you're barry?
Barry called.
Kenna shows 6/7 and Barry takes a $22,000 pot down with jacks and tens?
Wow! What a hand...any thoughts? This was played on "Live at the Bike" Check it out monday thru friday from 6-9 pm )pacific time) and follow along with the 2+2 thread.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Re: Interesting hand on \"live at the bike\"

i saw it... i finally checked out this live at the bike thing a couple days ago... pretty entertaining while im playing LHE for that $$$...
this call makes me sick.
whatta donkey... it was very obvious kenna was weak on the end... but jesus...how does he call the 5K (committing himself to the pot) with JJ?!? WTF...
Old 09-17-2005, 05:00 AM

his call allin w/ KJ was also very horrible.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
his call allin w/ KJ was also very horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spoke to Barry about that play as well...in fairness to him - he put Kenna on a weak ace. Since the jack of clubs was in his hand...he figured Kenna only had 11 outs and with the dead money already in the pot...why not call?

I don't think I would have called, but that was Barry's explanation.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:09 AM

Obviously Barry should have folded on turn to second c/r, but kenna played it a bit weak.

With botton two, he should have lead for pot on flop, eliciting a real raise, and then re-raised strong.

Then the c/r on turn is even bigger, etc.

crazy hand.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:50 AM

Ya thats fairly wild, but in fairness does seriously pale in comparison to some of the utterly insane play I've seen in my time watching live at the Bike. That's a pretty odd call Barry made there on the turn, but how on earth can Kenna move in on the river? I dont think Barry's folding on any river card after calling 5K on the turn. Also, did I hear correctly that theyre gonna try and run this game every week at the Bike?
Old 09-17-2005, 04:12 PM

10/20 NL is the usual offering Friday nights on L@TB.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:03 PM

It simply amazes me how players in that game don't learn their lesson. Bluffing into Barry just doesn't work.

Barry has made numerous big bet calls where he can't even beat the top card on the board. The recurring example on the Live At The Bike webcast "trailer" if you will:

Gore has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and Barry has 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

After Gore check-called Barry after Barry raised pre-flop. Gore check-raised all-in on the turn and Barry thought for about 5 seconds and in a resigned sigh called. And Bart goes:

"He's got a tell on Gore; he's got a tell on Gore...Barry has busted Gore AGAIN."

It's a classic syndrome, but not one as common at the higher levels. Player has a decent hand and can't let go no matter what.

Garland
Old 09-17-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It simply amazes me how players in that game don't learn their lesson. Bluffing into Barry just doesn't work.

Barry has made numerous big bet calls where he can't even beat the top card on the board. The recurring example on the Live At The Bike webcast "trailer" if you will:

Gore has A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and Barry has 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

After Gore check-called Barry after Barry raised pre-flop. Gore check-raised all-in on the turn and Barry thought for about 5 seconds and in a resigned sigh called. And Bart goes:

"He's got a tell on Gore; he's got a tell on Gore...Barry has busted Gore AGAIN."

It's a classic syndrome, but not one as common at the higher levels. Player has a decent hand and can't let go no matter what.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

ive never seen live at the bike, (I should, seems exciting) but not withstanding stack sizes that's not a horrid call w/ 77. look at the board. if people are aggro and reraise 88+ pf, and wont c/r all in w/ a bare Q... it's either a bluff or a 4.

obv, it doesnt sound like this guy thought about it and/or compounded numbers, but that hand in a vacuum wouldn't entice me to label someone a fish.

(to be honest, A6o calling a raise in a full handed game is a worse play imo then the clal w/ 77...)
Old 09-17-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obv, it doesnt sound like this guy thought about it and/or compounded numbers, but that hand in a vacuum wouldn't entice me to label someone a fish

[/ QUOTE ]

I've watched hours and hours of Live At The Bike with Barry. Trust me, it's not just that one hand in a vacuum.

He's made weak calls and lost as well.

Garland