Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Your college football Top 5 now?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. Weak QB. Stocco can't hit a reciever in stride and has nothing on his passes.
3. Wisconsin will not be able to take advantage of the weaknesses in Michigan's defense (db) because Stocco is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, Stocco is gonna prove you soooo wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stocco sucks. Did you see the game? Have you seen any of his games? He cannot hit recievers on the run. He cannot throw the ball to the numbers. He can't even make a decent throw on a screen. His arm is SO weak.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. Weak QB. Stocco can't hit a reciever in stride and has nothing on his passes.
3. Wisconsin will not be able to take advantage of the weaknesses in Michigan's defense (db) because Stocco is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh man, Stocco is gonna prove you soooo wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stocco sucks. Did you see the game? Have you seen any of his games? He cannot hit recievers on the run. He cannot throw the ball to the numbers. He can't even make a decent throw on a screen. His arm is SO weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a lot of talented receivers and a beast of a tight end that can tend to bring him up, and his arm strength isnt really that weak. I'd say that he's inconsistent, but saying stuff like he cant even hit someone on a screen is just wrong. He's basically a middle of the road D1 starting QB.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He has a lot of talented receivers and a beast of a tight end that can tend to bring him up,

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUE

[ QUOTE ]

and his arm strength isnt really that weak.

[/ QUOTE ]
Watch a game. Yes it is.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that he's inconsistent, but saying stuff like he cant even hit someone on a screen is just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch a game. His screen passes are either above their heads or at their knees. He's lucky he's got backs that can catch.

[ QUOTE ]

He's basically a middle of the road D1 starting QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's a one tool QB. Turn and hand off.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:05 PM

Stocco will get the job done. He's not phenomenal, but he will be servicable. Our running game will be enough to carry us anyway.

Speaking of the running game, random story: I was in the same dorm and on the same floor as a lot of the football players freshman year, and Booker was a few doors down from me. He used to come to my dorm preparties from time to time to pick up extra girls. Anyway, he took one of my friends to his room once and told her to suck his dick. She said no, so he said fine and told her to take some shots with him. He fed her a shot of everclear and told her to suck his dick again, as she was gagging and choking. She called me because she was scared so I came over and got her out. I was kind of scared Booker was going to rip me in half, but he was incredibly apologetic. He was terrified that I would go to the authorities. He (and other players) did crap like that all the time, but that's the story that sticks out the most. He creeped out all of my female friends.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stocco will get the job done. He's not phenomenal, but he will be servicable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Servicable=hand ball to Calhoun
Old 09-11-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way I'm putting Tennessee in the top 5 after scoring 17 on Alabama-Birmingham. We'll see when they play Florida, who would be #6 in my poll, this week. No way will Ohio State drop 5 places, especially with Iowa and Michigan losing worse to worse opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this too, but it tends to be move up until you lose, without much skipping and jumping. the pollsters love to sink the big 10, and will do this especially since the big 3 all lost today.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stand corrected.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:48 PM

Why do you have Georgia moving up after South Carolina handled them pretty well. It wasn't UG's best performance.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:49 PM

Tennessee didn't play Saturday, and weren't ranked 3rd. Why move them up?
Old 09-11-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No way I'm putting Tennessee in the top 5 after scoring 17 on Alabama-Birmingham. We'll see when they play Florida, who would be #6 in my poll, this week. No way will Ohio State drop 5 places, especially with Iowa and Michigan losing worse to worse opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this too, but it tends to be move up until you lose, without much skipping and jumping. the pollsters love to sink the big 10, and will do this especially since the big 3 all lost today.

[/ QUOTE ]
I stand corrected.

[/ QUOTE ]

told you so.

my fav on this list is OU, who was 18 last week, and DROPPED to 21 after a 200yrd rushing game by mr peterson. i know that OU didn't blow tulsa away, but to get leapfrogged by texas tech and CLEMSON, who barely won this week, just doesn't make sense.

Purdue should not be 12 though, but they might be in the hunt with their bakery of a schdule.

rankings shouldn't come in until october. but the chances of this happening are about the same as me doing scarlett johanssen.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my fav on this list is OU, who was 18 last week, and DROPPED to 21 after a 200yrd rushing game by mr peterson. i know that OU didn't blow tulsa away, but to get leapfrogged by texas tech and CLEMSON, who barely won this week, just doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the worst is Iowa State getting no respect for dominating Iowa. I mean, damn, the Coaches Poll didn't even rank them.