Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Defending with cheese.

i understand folks are concerned about domination, but folding K9o or QTo??? really?

68o and 76o are gettin' downright trashy, but my decision to play any of these hands is going to be based less on their specific strength and more on how sassy i'm feelin. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold 76o, fold 86o. call the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-24-2005, 06:04 PM

i call with...

2,3,4, 6, 8, 9, 10
Old 08-25-2005, 01:47 AM

sup reish
Old 08-25-2005, 01:56 AM

Old 08-25-2005, 03:25 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I think this is about as read dependent as it gets preflop.

I'd probably rather play the small cards. UTG/MP raises tend to be somewhat legitimate so you're looking at something like a couple of big cards or a pocket pair. K9o is in pretty bad shape. it's also going to be tough against an unknown because you don't know your chances of getting it headsup. your folding equity on gut shot flops is close to 0, which makes matters worse

I'm pretty loose here though. as a default I'd play all but the 86o. I doubt any are a big winner or a big loser. if I had to take my pick I guess I'd choose 98o. hot and cold K9o will do the best but again you don't have much folding equity when you hit a decent flop, and your best non-straight/trips flops aren't usually hugely profitable situations since you're not going to get much action if you flop best with a K, you're in bad shape if you flop worse with a K or 9. it's always said around here that tough situations arne't necessarily bad, but it's tough because you can't read your opponent's hand well (a flop of AK9 with K9 is a lot more dangerous than a flop of A98 with 98) which means you'll fail to maximize or minimize.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:28 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
I know it sucks to change things up in this thread all of a sudden, but since this is a 5/10 6max specific thread, what if we say the villain is 37/11, unknown postflop tendencies though?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

against a passive guy like this, first I'd cut the K9o and the QTo. also, pocket pairs are going to be more prevalent since everyone likes pocket pairs but passive players tend to do more limping with overcards since "they're drawing hands" and hands like 76o are crushed. so I think your best bet is something like T9o, but I'd probably fold most of them even though he's not very good
Old 08-25-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would think that it would be more profitable to play all of these hands at 1020 rather than 510.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players at 5/10 are on average worse postflop. And they are more passive (which of course is part of being worse). So, out of position I will lose a little less when behind and win a little more if ahead. An unknown player at 5/10 is worse then one at 10/20.

We have to think the guy got same PFR% at both limits because this is of course the biggest part of the decision.