Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Stay at home dad/poker player..... is it possible?

I don't think he has tilt issues but I don't know him in real life so couldn't really say for sure.

I think he just grinds his way along in 4-6 cash-games or SNG's (whatever he's into at the time) to make his income.

Are there really that many people out there breaking/kicking things in their homes when the cards aren't going their way?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:15 PM

Yeah I guess after taking a couple pretty big loses I come from the Hellmouth school of hard knocks. Well when I first started playing anyway...now it takes a bit to get me angry, which is weird in itself, as I know I'll get the money back...with poker the biggest thing for me was getting used to losing even if u are without a doubt the best player at the table.

I hate losing to my grandmother while playing board games. So sometimes my competitive attitude sucks...poker has given that a huge overhaul for the better, let me just say that. But there is still frustration there sometimes.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:58 PM

Sure, its certainly possible. I've been playing full time for about a year now and my wife and I have been blessed with 8 week old twins. I couldn't imagine it any other way.

-ActionBob
Old 06-28-2005, 11:08 PM

ya, what he said. I post, just not much compared to YOU.

Yeah, been doing it for 2 years now, works great. I never miss a game or an event. It is a struggle to work as many hours as I would like, but I make as much or more as I was making and am able to get in 25 to 40 hours generally depending on how hectic things get.

I've been playing sng's and mtt's mostly, but when the wife goes back to work from maternity leave I will have to play limit again when I'm in charge. One change I've made is I hired my younger sister to help babysit a few hours a day. It makes getting in hours easier, I make ~$50 an hour, and I pay her $7. A very +ev situation for everyone.

Steve
Old 06-28-2005, 11:12 PM

trust me, after 2 years of playing 6 to 8 tables, it's hard to care much anymore. If I'm still down by the 3rd week of the month it starts getting a little frustrating (never had a losing month, want to keep it that way!) but getting A's cracked is barely even noticed anymore.

Steve