Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Rakeback (am I missing something)

I made $23,000 this month. With rakeback I would have gotten $765 more. This is a piddly amount compared to my large amount of poker winnings. Who really cares about $765/mth?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made $23,000 this month. With rakeback I would have gotten $765 more. This is a piddly amount compared to my large amount of poker winnings. Who really cares about $765/mth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, who could possibly be so cheap that they actually care about 700-800 dollars a month? I'm not sure, but I assume those who do are some suckers that don't feel an urge to brag about their poker winnings at online forums. Silly budget boys.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:31 PM

Why is OP complaining about getting free money?!?!?!
Old 12-04-2005, 04:16 PM

In your original post you are saying that rakeback seems meaningless compared to your profits. My point was that your profits will drop significantly once your ROI reaches a sustainable level. Comparing rakeback to a sustainable ROI will make it seem more significant.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:54 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

this is the most shortsighted idiotic post i may have seen. if you dont want your $800, i will have it to pay for my rent. Easy come easy go is the beginning ingredience to going broke. What happens next month if you lose 10k?? It will happen if it hasnt already. Every penny counts whether it be in poker or any sort of money management.

done ranting
morg.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:50 PM

You are comparing your average rakeback month to your best ROI month. Start by comparing your average rakeback month to your average ROI (say 20% maybe?). Then your rakeback will be 10% of your profits.

As for life changing, RB in cash games can be quite large and can change a break-even player to someone who makes $1000 a month, or a $1000/month guy into a $2000/month guy.

Also, for guys who do make money in poker and live off of it, RB takes away alot of the pressure of variance as they have some sort of guaranteed payment at the end of the month.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:53 PM

Engage sarcasm detector, Morgant...
Old 12-04-2005, 11:12 PM

I can live off of the rakeback alone I make per month playing full time ring games. For tournaments it's probably a bit less significant. But it's still free money and only takes like an hour or two to set up. So why not?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:18 PM

The people you refer to probably thought you were an over-confident, uninformed amateur who had a brief run of luck and started gloating by tossing out unnecessary stats and snubbing his nose at free money. In short, they didn't glean the deeper meaning inherent in your question.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:28 PM

If you think a 59% ROI in your sngs is sustainable, i think ur on crack...its not life changing, but it sure is worth getting...i have a feeling you guys need a few more months playing before you understand why its such a beautiful thing...i know someone that used to 4-table the 55s and turned his nose up to rakeback cuz he was bringing in 10k a month...when we ran the numbers, he could have bought a new car...he didnt cash in on 1200 a month in rakeback and now he feels pretty silly...scoff at it if you want, but rakeback is +EV no matter how u look at it