Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Big pot ...100NL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is an ugly board (mainly turn/river) for you. Villan definitely looks to have an overpair, and the turn/river definitely did not help you.

I put villan on 77/AJ/JJ/QQ/KK/AA. The turn and river are really ugly cards.

I would bet more on the turn. Villan has shown commitment to this hand and a willingness to put $$ into the pot. You will be getting value from a (usually) worse hand, and it also make the river easier to play- you will have ~$60 left, and it will be a 3/4 value bet instead of a full pot bet.

The river is ugly. I don't know what the play would be. Open pushing is ugly, as villan PROBOBLY has us beat. River suggestions would be good from some other posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

River is semi-ugly, but I can't think of a much better turn than the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I don't know how you can put him on KK here. There's a MUCH better chance he simply improved his hand with the King than the chance of him hitting a set. It's an action card and you should be betting more here. What he should have done was bet 25-30 on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really think villain calls a 3bet on the flop with AK?