Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 09:11 AM

Default call or fold this set on the river?

Sorry, I don't have the hand history available.

50NL, Party, 9-handed

I have $70 and villain has $60. I've only had one orbit around the table. Villain hasn't done anything out of the ordinary.

Preflop: Villain (UTG) raises to $2.00. Folded to me. I call in MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Everyone else folds.

Flop ($4.75): A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain bets $2.00. I called. I know I'm way behind if he has an ace or a king, but I wanted to play position here. His bet seemed weak. I thought I could steal the pot on the turn (depending on what he did). If he came out firing on the turn I was done with this hand.

Turn ($8.75): A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Cool! I hit my set. Villain now bets $8.00. I raise to $16.00. Villain calls.

River($40.75): A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain bets $40 (all-in). Hero...?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: call or fold this set on the river?

Seems like an AK from my view. Dont know why he wouldnt reraise you on the turn though. I definetely call this one, i think he has AK alot more often than AA/KK.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think he has AK alot more often than AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think it's closer than this... but if it could be AK 1 in 3 times you have to call.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:44 AM

His PSB on the turn suggests he has something that he likes, so raise more. Get it all in on the river. If he has AA/KK, so be it.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:50 AM

I like a bigger raise on the turn. If he has something, he's more likely to call a biggish river bet if the pot is bigger, and it gets more money in when we're ahead on the turn. I think the river is a call.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Results.

Uggh, it seems so obvious now. I put him on AK, AA, or KK (like everyone else). The way villain played it, I thought he was slow-playing a set (no draws on the board). I realize I played the turn a little weak, but my gut was telling me he had a set. I folded the river and he showed AK (two pair). My hand would've been good. I normally would call the river, but with both the ace and king on the flop, I decided to be weak-tight and put him on a set.

The hand bothered me for a while, but I ended up having a good session.

Thanks everyone.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River($40.75): A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain bets $40 (all-in). Hero...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call... I don't see what you're worried about here.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:34 AM

From the way he was betting it seems he made his hand on the flop. So I suspect AQ-AA. Call crossing your fingers that he does not have KK or AA.

I think I would have folded to the flop bet.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Results.

[ QUOTE ]
Uggh, it seems so obvious now. I put him on AK, AA, or KK (like everyone else). The way villain played it, I thought he was slow-playing a set (no draws on the board). I realize I played the turn a little weak, but my gut was telling me he had a set. I folded the river and he showed AK (two pair). My hand would've been good. I normally would call the river, but with both the ace and king on the flop, I decided to be weak-tight and put him on a set.

The hand bothered me for a while, but I ended up having a good session.

Thanks everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how you called the flop bet, hit your 2 outer and then folded.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Results.

never ever fold trips on this board again.

ever.