Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Problem with Party Poker Easter Bonanza

I have been playing a lot of the 10/20 6 max in order to get this $200 bonus every day.

Thursday I played 2358 hands and came in the top 20
Friday I played 2341 hands to come inside the top 20
Today I played 2390 hands and it has me outside even the top 50 the last time I checked just before midnight.

I cannot see how this can be true. One thing I noticed earlier was at about 3:15 or 3:30 it was showing me as some 700 hands behind 150th place when at that time it would have only been pssoible to play 200 hands tops 4 tabling (unless today saw some huge influx of heads up/2-3 way action) therefore the only conclusion I can come to is that they mistakenly counted hands from before 3pm causing the error.

I emailed them earlier about this and got some bog standard reply that was nothing useful.

If somebody from Party reads this can they please look into it because I cannot see how I can play the most hands of the 3 days and get the lowest position.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Problem with Party Poker Easter Bonanza

I assume you mean 2390 hands total? If so that probably wouldnt get you in the top 20 on a weekend. On a weekday most people work part of the day, so on a weekend there are far more people playing for the top.

As far as the top 20 is concerned, I havent really been into it this year but I did get in the top 20 yesterday playing 100NL 6-max, 4 tables.

Last year I made 1st place almost everyday I tried 4 tabling 100NL 6max (I had to play 4 tables, non-stop on the weekend days to get 1st). This led me to an interesting conclusion, 4-tabling 6 max 100NL is the fastest way to accumulate raked hands.

The reason for this is:

1. Starting at the 100NL level, and up, every flop is raked, the NL100 are the loosest and most passive of all the NL tables $100 and up, that means the most flops per hour, therefor the most raked hands per hour.

2. NL is faster than limit, because there are fewer actions per hand. So anyone 4 tabling 6-max NL will beat you 4 tabling 10/20 Limit, as far as # of raked hands are concerned.

4-Tabling NL 6max will get you about 2600 raked hands in the 9 hour period.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:30 AM

i did it today and you are right they started the raked hands early because i was like 500 hands out of 150th win i started. I played the 9 hours and ended up 15th. I do understand your thoughts there.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:39 AM

Are you two sure that you took into account possible time zone differences?
Old 03-27-2005, 08:03 AM

Yes I played exactly the same hours as I did the 1st 2 days and they must have started early because 15 minutes in it said I was like 500 hands behind 150th place where as the previous couple days I was in the top 40 at least pretty much from the start to the finish.

Thanks for the confirmation I will get onto the customer service again about this.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:36 AM

Maybe there are some differences among the countries with moving the clock to summertime. In my country the clock was moved one hour later. I dont know if that is the case in other countries, though.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:50 PM

The clock they used was also 15 minutes faster all day than offical party time till 11:45pm when they changed it back.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:15 PM

I almost posted this same exact post.

I also got screwed by the promotion. I placed in the top 20 with 3,175 hands on Thursday. I played 3,200 hands yesterday and somehow finished 48th.

I began playing at 2:55 (4-tabling), and by 3:30 p.m., it said that I was 702 hands from 150th place. 702 hands! This is absolutely impossible.

I'm ticked. The only thing more pathetic than playing poker for nine straight hours to get a $200 bonus is playing poker for nine straight hours and failing to get the bonus. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I'm sure Party screwed up, and I'm sure they'll do nothing about it.