Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: Limped pot 100-200

[ QUOTE ]
I bet here a very high percentage of the time. if you play with these players often then you need to strike a balance. I also like to lead on flop like 8 4 3 when i'm in the bb and try and take it down. if you dont lead into rag flops ith nothing then check raising is fine. but if you lead a lot without hands they have to see that you lead with top pair so that your other leads have some weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone else brought up a good point that if you check, EP autobets, SB might checkraise hands that are worse than yours and drive you out. I like betting a high percentage of the time for NYplayer's reason and this reason.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:20 PM

If it gets bet and raised I am 3-betting not folding, your argument doesnt work
Old 12-12-2005, 11:03 PM

I like to strike a balance between betting and checkraising, and I'll do the same thing if my hand here was T6 instead of J6. I usually go into my shell pretty quickly though, if i get much action I don't like my hand very much because this board is often a good one for many player's limping hands.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:23 PM

I knew u wouldnt be in the check-raise every time camp
Old 12-12-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I knew u wouldnt be in the check-raise every time camp

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that?
By the way, I feel like in the long run I do really badly in pots like this if I get any action. Much worse than I would expect.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:35 PM

Well, one thing I like about check-raising in this spot is u can lay down top pair a lot easier on a later street because u showed much more strength than leading. That helps me in these spots I think...If I lead I have a tough time folding
Old 12-12-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, one thing I like about check-raising in this spot is u can lay down top pair a lot easier on a later street because u showed much more strength than leading. That helps me in these spots I think...If I lead I have a tough time folding

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually tried checkraising the flop, and then just checking the turn and then either calling down, or betting the river if he checks behind on the turn. This way I feel like I don't give up a ton if I'm winning, but I don't risk folding a winner and I induce some bluffs.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with what you said, although I think it can be dangerous to call the flop three bet and fold the turn unimproved agaist some of the more aggro types like the player in question here. I dont think its unusual for him to raise the flop, bet the turn, and check river with a lot pair and straight draw type hands.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:44 AM

Hi Hiatus,

I like betting out sometimes, and C/Ring others here. I think you guys have discussed why the C/R is good, but there is some merit to betting out. Basically, I like to do it because you often get raised by really aggressive opponents and get to play the pot headsup, though sometimes you are beaten you're good more than enough to see it out, for sure especially on a draw-heavy board with aggressive opponents. The other thing is that if you start betting out lots of flops in spots like this, they will eventually see this as a sign of strength in the future which allows you to steal more on flops from the blinds by only putting in a single small bet. This is fantastic when you have something like a gutshot or even total air, though on this exact flop, I wouldn't recommend betting with nothing since it's kind of a limper's board.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually tried checkraising the flop, and then just checking the turn and then either calling down, or betting the river if he checks behind on the turn. This way I feel like I don't give up a ton if I'm winning, but I don't risk folding a winner and I induce some bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

top pair seems like a bit too good a hand to be giving free cards with, but if you had t6 here i think thats a pretty good line.