Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Live $1/$2 NL Hand

Player 1: Super Tight-Weak Player ($125)
Player 2: Loose-Aggressive ($265)
Player 3: Loose-Weak ($75)
Player 4: Tight-Aggressive ($250)
Player 5: Loose-Weak ($100)

Player 1: UTG with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and makes it $20 to play
Player 2: Calls $20
Player 3: Calls $20
Player 4: Thinks, cuts his chips as if he wants to raise..thinks more then simply calls the $20
Player 5: Calls $20

FLOP: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Player 1: Bets $40
Player 2: calls $40
Player 3: calls $40
Player 4: Thinks, cuts out $40 then announces raise...He thinks some more and announces ALL-IN ($190 more)
Player 5: FOLDS
Player 1: ????
Old 12-28-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Live $1/$2 NL Hand

If we can assume the reads are accurate then we know that player 4 will not have aces or kings 95% of the time as he would rereaise these holdings preflop in order to either pick up the pot or thin the field.

We certainly cannot put him on a 3 and why would pocket 8's raise this much?

Since he his a TAG, we can also assume that he is a tricky thinking player who realizes that seat 1 is weak tight and is likely to lay down most hands on this flop (possibly even pairs up to jacks) So he's probably pushing a lot of hands here, the only ones we're extremely worried about is kings and aces which we've ruled out mostly and Ace-King of hearts which is a definite possability and wouldn't be a bad play with all the dead money out there.

We're put in an unforunate spot since we have to decide what to do before we see what the callers do. Player 2 being loose aggresive would probably raise a three here so we're not too worried about him, Player 3 could have a 3 being LP but he only has 75 bucks so we can still win some (not a lot but some) on the side if he calls.

With all the info we have available and the pot laying 3 to 1 i say you have to call, if he turns over ace-king of hearts and you're at a club you might want to run it twice otherwise i think you're good here more then the 33% of the time you need to be.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:56 PM

Oh yeah i think he most likley has 10's or jacks and less likely has AQ or AK of hearts
Old 12-28-2005, 05:03 PM

Well, if P1 is week tight, shouldn't he fold at this point?

In my mind, the ladies don't look so good now. With all those callers, the chance of one pair holding up, especially when that pair is not aces or kings, to the river, isn't good. Even if the raiser is bluffing, you don't know that the other callers didn't hit big. If P1 had position, it would be one thing, but he doesn't.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:28 PM

Default So I played it right??

Thanks for the posts guys..

I was the TAG player, not the one holding QQ. I posted his hand to see how I played mine.
[ QUOTE ]
i think he most likley has 10's or jacks

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I was sitting with JJ here

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if P1 is week tight, shouldn't he fold at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

He did fold after giving it much thought and even saying, "I can't believe he called me with A8" Im have no clue why he said this at all because obviously QQ has A8 beat here..I know he had QQ because he mucked face up even with two left to act (I hate that move) the other two folded as well and I raked in a good pot. I mucked and the whole table was convinced I had rockets, it was classic.

This was only my 3rd time playing B&M, it was a fun hand to play live!

I know I raked the pot in so you can say I played the hand right, but given the reads, did I actually play this right or did I just get lucky he laid down QQ???
Old 12-28-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: So I played it right??

you should post this in the Small Stakes NL forum to get more responses
Old 12-29-2005, 08:51 AM

I read it kinda fast but there is a good chance u have the best hand but there is two other people behind him and they could be slowplaying pocket 8s or even a 3
never know in this game
Old 12-29-2005, 09:52 AM

I think you got very lucky 4 ways.

One: Calling a Very tight person raise (10xbb) with JJ in a multiway pot

Two: The flop being 833

Three: Him underbetting the pot

Four: Him laying down QQ

If I knew you were a TAG, I would never lay this hand down and expect to be shown AdKd/AdQd,JJ/TT 99% of the time.