Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 12-21-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/21) (50/100 NL with Phil La

"quit your day job sleep late and play poker"
Phil Tilly
Old 12-21-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Daniel N and full contact poker

How can this site have creditibilty? Isnt Daniel N the person who lent(sold) his name and support to PokerMountain? Pokermountain was one diaster after another. I hope fullcontact is not like that, but be cautious by past results.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (12/21) (50/100 NL with Phil La

Bart/Shirley...

Avoid the FCP thread...the flamers are in rare form tonight. They are real noobs to the Live (especially to Ed)
Old 12-21-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Daniel N and full contact poker

[ QUOTE ]
How can this site have creditibilty? Isnt Daniel N the person who lent(sold) his name and support to PokerMountain? Pokermountain was one diaster after another. I hope fullcontact is not like that, but be cautious by past results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because Daniel Negreanu is one of the best of all time doesn't mean that a place he agrees to promote can't make bad business decisions. He quit them before they went under -- and wasn't it almost a year ago?

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 12-21-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Daniel N and full contact poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the best arent flawless. All I remember is a little note in his blog saying he was dissolving his relationship with Pokermountain. I cant see anyone going to a particular site because of one person. I just wanted to remind people of a past endorsements failure. No malice intended.

Just because Daniel Negreanu is one of the best of all time doesn't mean that a place he agrees to promote can't make bad business decisions. He quit them before they went under -- and wasn't it almost a year ago?

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone notice how "solid" phil laak is...

folding to a reraise preflop with AQos from ed,

hasn't even played a hand in like 4-5 orbits...

edit: this was posted before bart made this point

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil is very parient. He seems to be waiting to pick his spot and pounce. Thus far, I like his play--he avoids marginal hands and does not put himself at risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

a winnnig strategy in NL

my internet sux tonight, going crazy
Old 12-21-2005, 11:47 PM

Looks like he's going to avoid this one. Although you gotta wonder if JRB would just move in with a king here. Kinda odd play.

Nice call PL. And beaten.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:48 PM

Wow, what a call. Tough break for phil in another 60/40 hand.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:50 PM

Once again a suckout wins at Live. Nice call Phil, bad turn.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:50 PM

What a tough call, I don't think I'd call that bet.

Either way, Jean Robert made a gutsy move with the nut draw and an ace so even if he gets called, which he did, it's not like he's drawing dead. He's got 12 outs. Times two.

Tough spot for both players but I think Jean Robert played it well considering he put Phil to the test.