Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-08-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Is PokerTracker really useful for SnG\'s?

It was a year ago since I discovered PokerTracker and began to use it. Need I say it did wonders to my fixed limit play? I've seen posters using it for SnG's as well, saying they can't cope without it. I don't see how opponents stats can be that important beyond the first level. I mean, an opponent's PFR, aggression etc. probably varies greatly in relation to his/her stack size. And when it comes to analyzing a bunch of SnG's for own records, we have other tools that suits SnG players better. Anyone care to explain why PokerTracker is necessary for SnG's?
Old 12-08-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Is PokerTracker really useful for SnG\'s?

What "other tools that suit SNG players better" are there, exactly? It's pretty damn good in my opinion.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:03 AM

I don't think it is necessarry like it is to the cash game player. It's just very practical for a number of purposes.

If you only play a few SnG's now and then it's value is greatly reduced though, since you need a lot more SnG play than cash game play to start analyzing your game using statistics. But still good for keeping track of results.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:24 AM

Aren't people using eastbay's Power Tools, Hood's SnG Tracker and AleoMagus spreadsheets? I was mainly referring to the stats I usually look at to pin my opponent in a ring game, like PFR, Agg, VPIP and so on... Can you rely on them when it gets to, say level 3, and peoples stack sizes varies greatly? Or is it just your own stats you use PT for?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:43 AM

Eastbay's Power Tools are no use for keeping track of results in SNGs. SNG Tracker crashes for absolutely loads of files these days, at least 1 in 10. And the spreadsheet, well I suppose that's one option but it's really quite laborious to use, especially as you have to put everything in by hand.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:01 AM

I like poker office much better
Old 12-08-2005, 10:19 AM

Ok... Just asking... I haven't been looking to much at the tools mentioned, have just seen people using them. Though, what I still wonder is if PT is useful when it comes to analyzing opponents? Or is it just for own statistics?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And the spreadsheet, well I suppose that's one option but it's really quite laborious to use, especially as you have to put everything in by hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh... I'll switch to PokerTracker once I reach 1000 $55's in the spreadsheet. (because it's a round number [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Does PokerTracker offer the same stats the spreadsheet does?