Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Harassment at the workplace

yeah, teaching can be tricky eh? i was in the Education program for 3 years and we were told that a closed door with a single student can be harassment, always keep the door open, etc etc.

about the professionalism on monday, i plan on it. i'm not going to approach my trainer and say "listen here, this girl is a total bitch and i [censored] hate her, i want a seat change." i'll say something along the lines of, "i would like a seat change because i have a few issues with my co-worker on my right. she's not much of a team player, she has a negative attitude while she works and i would rather work closer with a person that is willing to work with me and has a more positive outlook on work, blah blah." basically i'd rather sit in the one empty seat in the backrow that happens to be next to the prettiest girl in our training class. haha
Old 09-17-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, teaching can be tricky eh? i was in the Education program for 3 years and we were told that a closed door with a single student can be harassment, always keep the door open, etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah basically if you're a male teacher, you have to be a robot. My union advises the following:

NO touching (including handshakes)
hugging (girls always are trying to hug me; I am now adept at the 'sidehug')
giving kids rides home (even if its raining at 9pm)
speaking alone with students
revealing *any* personal info
writing personal notes
giving or accepting gifts

and on and on...
Old 09-17-2005, 03:50 PM

if i knew about this [censored] back when i was a stupid 14 year old...listen to these cases of harassment by teachers:

one time i was late for class, my teacher (female, age 40+) slapped my ass when she let me in. our classroom door was locked i had to knock to get in.

another time a teacher was telling us how to prepare heroine. wish i were making that up.

my phys ed teacher kicked out me and my buddy for talking in the middle of class. he was a total hard ass, total jerk...so we waited outside our classroom. he came out to get us and we thought it would be funny if we pretended like we were being arrested. we put our hands up over our heads or whatever and cannot remember what we said, and then our freakin teacher punched us pretty hard in the stomach!
Old 09-17-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
back when i was a stupid 14 year old...

[/ QUOTE ]

back, like, six months ago dawson?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
freakin teacher punched us pretty hard in the stomach!

[/ QUOTE ]

Owned
Old 09-17-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another time a teacher was telling us how to prepare heroine. wish i were making that up.

[/ QUOTE ]

resisting the urge to make a lame joke...

...whew.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah basically if you're a male teacher, you have to be a robot. My union advises the following:

NO touching (including handshakes)
hugging (girls always are trying to hug me; I am now adept at the 'sidehug')
giving kids rides home (even if its raining at 9pm)
speaking alone with students
revealing *any* personal info
writing personal notes
giving or accepting gifts

and on and on...

[/ QUOTE ]

And people wonder why I don't want to teach.

I just don't think I should have to deal with career-threatening consequences if I high-five a kid a little too hard, or hug a girl who's had a rough day, then refuse to raise her test score.

Not that I'd be bothered particularly, or that I'm Mr. Touchy-Feely, but I doooooooo what I feeeeeeeeel liiiike.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:24 PM

I actually had an expeirence recently at the Bank I work at. Needless to say the putz in question here no longer works there. Anyway, me and the assistant branch mngr at the time (now manager) were talking with one of the tellers and she was showing us a picture of her daughter and she kept going on about how her daughter changed her hair color to brown (she is a natural blonde) she keeps going on about how she doesnt like it and what not so the assit mngr says just tell her that she looks nicer with it blonde and I kinda laughed and said yeah tell her that its hotter that way she'll understand that better. We all laugh and go on. So the next day the branch manager who is also no longer with us calls me back to the office and starts talking to me and puts me on a verbal warning so saying that I said that her daughter was HOTT. Which I did not even come close to saying. Secondly, the mother of the girl (the teller we were talking to at the time) didnt even say anything it was the other teller that was listening who went and said something. So I went off about it and told them I wasnt signing anything because they hadnt even asked me what happened yet. So basically nothing came of it but I was pissed at the time and now that bitch teller isnt there because she was fired and the dumb ass mngr is gone now too so life is much much better at the bank now.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah basically if you're a male teacher, you have to be a robot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel for you man, a few years after I got out of HS one of the gym teachers got canned for supposedly touching a couple girl's legs. It turned out to be completely made up, but the poor guy didn't get his job back.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:50 AM

This is why women make less than men on average.