Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2002, 01:21 PM

Default Babe\'s Best Boys

It's May 1st, Spring has sprung and it's a beautiful day in Las Vegas. Time for the Babe's first annual "Best Boy" list. Here goes (in no particular order except hair color):

Blondes

1) Clarkmeister- For softest skin and bluest eyes. Gets #1 pretty boy award in the 30 and under category.

2). D. Andrew- For worshiping my "white shirt" and defending me against Clarkmeister's comments

when I look "unBabe-like".

3). Chris - For having the coolest hairstyle and inspiring Babe in her new "girpower-cartoon hair" look. Gets #1 pretty boy award in the over 30 category.

4)."Bahama Dave" - For the best GQ look

Brunettes

1). Billy - For singing "Maybe this time" with the Babe at the Mirage 20-40 - a real "showstopper"! Also, for the "short-handed" tips.

2). Tommy Angelo- For the stylish and "correct" rubberband-on-the-bankroll technique. For sharing the "Chinese guy philosophy" with the Babe at C.Pizza Kitchen. Also, for extreme and remarkable discipline in the face of vulnerability. He's not a bad poker player, either! Gets #1 award for "overall" best boy.

3). Jason (with the Australian or English accent). For being so shy and having almost perfect features. Babe just loves to make him blush.

4). Hosh - For sharing pizza and telling me very, very, nice things. Moving up.

5). Trevor- For my favorite inspirational phrase : "PLAY GOOD".

Other hair (grey, none, etc)

1). J.P. - For being my "poker pal" and for letting me beat him at golf. For constant moral support.

2). Vince Lepore - For finally beating me in a hand and announcing it to all at the table in that Vince-like (low key) style which I love. Also, for his very naughty comments which are very harmless (makes the Babe blush- NOT). Can't wait till 3-Bet Brett gets him an earing so he can round off the new "Mr. Clean" look. Do wish he would buy some new clothes, however.

3). Poker 1236- For total acceptance and unconditional love. High maintenance and intense as hell. Plays a pretty good game of poker, but options strategy needs work (fade the trend....)

4). Bob Morgan - For coordinating his clothing to match the chip colors in each limit he plays. That yellow outfit which matches the 20 chips is simply outstanding. Even if Vince said you looked like a "friggin' bumble bee", I think you are stylin' for sure, honey. Also, for being as sweet as sugar and just as nice as they come.

5). Alan Schoonmaker - For asking the Babe's opinion and listening carefully to her answers. Also, for being so kind.

6). Barry Tanenbaum- For being a wonderful mentor and spending "quality time" with the Babe. #1 in the "smart" category.

Possible candidates for next year include Dynasty, Mason, 3betBrett, Pokerguy, Mikel and Babe's husband.

You Guys are all the greatest. XXOO Babe.

Old 05-01-2002, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Babe\'s Best Boys

Babe, you hung a brutal one on Clarkmeister. To live that one down he might have to go get some prison-style tats to get ugly. Then you'll be sorry.
Old 05-01-2002, 01:43 PM

I am proud to have made the list.

Best line of the year, any post, any forum:

".....the Babe's husband"

ROFL! I had to wipe tears from my eyes on this one!
Old 05-01-2002, 02:01 PM

Babe, for possible candidates for next year, Obviously you must mean Babe's NEW husband. Whadda think Tommy?
Old 05-01-2002, 02:05 PM

PS: Bob Morgan looked nice even if he did resemble a canary...
Old 05-01-2002, 02:46 PM

oh, I am so upset I was left out. i worship more than your shirt, babe.
Old 05-01-2002, 05:45 PM

Default how old are you babe(aka)? *NM*

Old 05-01-2002, 07:19 PM

Default Re: how old are you babe(aka)?

come on...a gentleman never asks a lady this...even one who kisses and tells...gl
Old 05-02-2002, 02:18 AM

Thanks, Babe. We'll be singing again at Bellagio when the Series is over. How come you never mentioned the "Chinese Guy Philosophy" with this Chinese guy?
Old 05-03-2002, 06:19 AM

Babe,

a part of my entire goal for my wsop trip was to lay eyes on you and i have seemed to fail. i spent too much of my time in the tournaments, satellites, and the very addictive pot-limit omaha at the horseshoe. my reason for responding is i want to be considered for one of you best boys sometime, although i know that i'll have to prove myself worthy of this honor. you can catch a picture of me on pokerpages because for some reason they featured me as one of their player profiles... anyhooo, take care and it seems like a great group to belong to so i am officially attempting to throw my proverbial hat in the ring! please let me know if i have a chance, LOL and enjoying every single one of the babe's posts--J.Brown