Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2002, 02:36 PM

Default Re: O/U on Mason\'s Review of Brier/Ciafonne Book?

WHAT IS THE BOOK ABOUT
Old 02-19-2002, 07:32 PM

It is a poker book. You'd enjoy it.

(Seriously though it is called "Middle Limit Holdem Poker". You can probably guess the subject matter from the title.)
Old 02-20-2002, 01:54 AM

Hmmm. This is a toughie.

I think, Tom, that you're in the right ballpark, but since it's so hard to tell I think we should put up a twenty cent line. I'm leaning towards 6.5-110, or 7 -125. He liked Ciafonne's other books, so we have to consider that.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:30 PM

Default Correction: 7o -125. *NM*

Old 02-23-2002, 10:03 AM

I'm going to modify my position a little bit. I will buy this book and read it no matter how the book is rated by Mason. I like to save a few bucks and ignore trash and that's why I like his reviews. However, in this case we have so many situations to analyze and so much advise to ponder, I'm fairly certain that I'll benefit from buying the book. I'm still opposed (I guess that's the right word) to books that tell you what to do instead of what things to consider. However, I think I can "fill in the blanks" satisfactorily if the book is heavy on the "what you should do" side. Perhaps I'll just keep my The Theory of Poker book by my side while I read this book. Also I don't agree with everything Jim Brier writes about or posts on this forum but I agree with a lot of it and he has provided some very good insight into situations that have benefitted me.

I'm keeping the O/U number at 6 though.