Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 02-16-2002, 11:49 AM

Default 7 Stud Hi/Lo in Vegas

I'm heading to Vegas the weekend of March 1st. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can find Low limit 7 Stud Hi/Lo 8 or better games. I'm looking for games up to the 5-10 limit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:03 PM

Default Re: 7 Stud Hi/Lo in Vegas

I have not seen this game very much in Las Vegas - particularly at those limits. The Monte Carlo sometimes gets a 1-5 Hi/Lo going. I watched a friend play it for a while. It didn't seem like a very good game and the rake was a killer in the split-pot format. You may have to play regular stud (if you want stud) or Omaha/8 (if you want hi-lo) to find games. Maybe someone who lives there knows of more games though. Have fun whatever you end up playing.
Old 02-16-2002, 02:59 PM

Mandalay Bay and Monte Carlo occasionally get these games going at the 1-5 level. You'll need to request the floor start a list and ask for players. Both rooms are very good at rounding up a group of players to start a game.

Old 02-16-2002, 03:15 PM

Default Palace Station, but it\'s the tightest game ever! *NM*

Old 02-16-2002, 05:28 PM

the last time I was in Vegas, they had 2-10 at the mirage, but someone told me it wasn't a very good game. I wish they had that game everywhere. gl
Old 02-18-2002, 06:10 AM

It is hard to find at low limits. 10-20 goes at the Luxor and has been fairly regular at the Palms since it opened. No matter what the limit, the games are generally terrible. They in no way resemble what you find in CA or other poker hot spots. Most of the time (even low limit games) its heads-up after 4th street and some guy shows two pair, the other a 7 or an 8 low and they split the pot. No creativity or action, just a real snooze-fest. For this reason you hardly see the game and Omaha H/L too is kind of slowly dying off a bit because people have figured out that playing rather tight is correct either by observation, reading, or just plain going bust. There still are Omaha H/L games, but I would guess about half as many are going at any given time as compared to before and a lot more people are playing Omaha high where people still gamble it up quite a bit.