Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 08:18 PM

Default Stepping up limits?

I've been playing no limit hold'em for about 6 years and have done well. The last year I've been playing Omaha a lot more and about 5 days ago decised to try my hand at playing Omaha exclusivly on UB with a $35 deposit. I started playing the .10.25 PLO games with a $10 buy in. I'm up to over $300 in 5 days playing 2 tables when available. Should I try the bigger games or wait a little longer? The $50 buy in games only gives me 6 buy ins and any bad run leaves me back where I started. Opinons?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Stepping up limits?

Does it matter what you have in your account? If your goal is never to buyin again or at least play like that is you last dime, then stay where you are. When you make to 500 step up to the higher limits.

If you have more money at different sites and total well over 500 then move up now. Bankroll doesnt matter if your going to deposit more money anyway.

I have heard UB is the toughest site to win. So this should be an important consideration when playing within your limits.

I play there 99% of time, so when you make it up to the 0.5/1 to 2/4 come by and say hi.

Scotty O
Old 11-05-2004, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Stepping up limits?

I would hate to put myself in a situation where I only have a few buy ins for the level I play. I like a cushion. We have played together a couple times on UB. I stop by the bigger games once in a while when I feel froggy.