Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-23-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

Are you gettign both FPP's AND VIP points? Haven't had time to look through it. Someone who has please enlighten me a
Was just thinking that VIP points are slightly less worth than the current FPP's.

ToT
Old 12-23-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In shorthanded limit games 10/20 and up what they offer is basically 13% rakeback once you reach Supernova. Nothing to write home about.
I'm very disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair you would probably need to calculate in the insane number of free rolls that will be avaialble on a weekly/monthly basis.

If my quick calculations are correct, once the SuperNova Free rolls start in April, PokerStars will be returning back to players well over 2 million dollars a year in free rolls. It is my understanding (hope) that these free rolls will have flat payouts, i.e., that is paying more places a decent amount and not so much at the top.

Free Rolls

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping for some rewards for cash players, but it looks like the entire program is aimed at tournament players again. I don't care about freerolls because they are tournaments and tournaments are stupid.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the supernova level, Stars is almost certainly the better place to play at 5/10, but that might take 3 months for me to reach.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Here's a cut-and-paste from another thread:

[ QUOTE ]
I so badly want to move over to Stars, but can't justify it with rakeback elsewhere. This new VIP program is MUCH better than what was going on before, but it still doesn't cut it vs. the rakeback.

The funny thing is I don't think I would have any problem hitting the Platinum level on a regular basis, and I still don't think it makes sense to switch over. Right now I'm getting about 18-20,000 hands per month at 5/10, figure 75% of those are raked (I need to check my PT to see if this is accurate), which would get me about 13-14,000 FPPs per month. (with the 150% multiplier it comes out to 32,000 FPP's per month!)

If you look at the stuff in the VIP FPP store, it looks like 32,000 FPP's (my monthly take) would equal roughly $600.

Figure that vs. $650-700 per month in rakeback and I still can't see justify switching over. Why take a limited selection of stuff from the FPP store when I can just get the equivalent cash?

I need to do some more homework on this to see what makes sense. Maybe I'll play a month at Stars after the first of the year and see how I make out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-23-2005, 04:47 PM

If Stars changed the program so that we got a second FPP when the rake hit $3 I would definitely switch to stars. I'd probably be happy even if it was 1.5 FPP at $3, but as it is now it just doesn't seem worth it if you play games that normaly hit the max rake.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got bored last night and decided to try and get some FPPs toward one of my five stacked up bonuses at Stars. I played 2 hours (a very long session for me) and got 37 FPPs.

Goodbye Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

What game were you playing? Must be $0.50-1.00 or lower. At $2-4 and up it accrues much faster.

Bobby

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely play limit poker online. If I do play limit, I play stud. I was playing NL/50 & 100. It's a max $50 buy-in--not a mandatory $50 buy-in like on Party, which means a lot of short stacks, which is bad--but that's another story.

On party a raked pot is $1.00. On Stars I believe it has to be $5.00.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At the supernova level, Stars is almost certainly the better place to play at 5/10, but that might take 3 months for me to reach.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Here's a cut-and-paste from another thread:

[ QUOTE ]
I so badly want to move over to Stars, but can't justify it with rakeback elsewhere. This new VIP program is MUCH better than what was going on before, but it still doesn't cut it vs. the rakeback.

The funny thing is I don't think I would have any problem hitting the Platinum level on a regular basis, and I still don't think it makes sense to switch over. Right now I'm getting about 18-20,000 hands per month at 5/10, figure 75% of those are raked (I need to check my PT to see if this is accurate), which would get me about 13-14,000 FPPs per month. (with the 150% multiplier it comes out to 32,000 FPP's per month!)

If you look at the stuff in the VIP FPP store, it looks like 32,000 FPP's (my monthly take) would equal roughly $600.

Figure that vs. $650-700 per month in rakeback and I still can't see justify switching over. Why take a limited selection of stuff from the FPP store when I can just get the equivalent cash?

I need to do some more homework on this to see what makes sense. Maybe I'll play a month at Stars after the first of the year and see how I make out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if 5/8 of the hands at 5/10 get u a FPP (which i think is probably closer to accurate than 3/4, since not all raked pots get u a FPP...if anyone has real data i'd welcome it), then you're getting 14% rakeback with stars at the supernoval level. you're also paying lower rake than at party and playing with faster software. the last two factors i'm not going to bother quantifying, but i figure that it more than makes up for the difference between 25% and 14% rakeback.

not being able to get cash rewards is a dealbreaker when its relatively close between the two though
Old 12-23-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a question.

As you move up to SilverStar, GoldStar, etc... do your VPP's accrue at the same increased rate as your FPPs?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, VPPs always accrue at the same rate and my understanding is that you must always accumulate 10,000 VPPs on a monthly basis (FPPs at the normal rate, not the increased levels amount) to maintain Platinum status.

Once you hit 100,000 VPPs for the year, then you are qualfied for SuperNova for the year and I believe even if you then fall below the monthly requirement of 10,0000 VPPs you will still always be SuperNova for the year.

(Hope that made sense)
Old 12-23-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It takes 3,000,000 FPPs to get a Porsche Cayman S, which retails for $60,000. It costs $600,000 in tournament entries to get 3,000,000 FPPs equating to 10% rakeback. However, the VIP program accelerates your acruement of FPPs. If you are a Gold Star member you get the equivalent of 20% rakeback, Platinum Star member 25%, Supernova 35%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about going for the Porsche and selling it immediately. I have 5K FPP over 2 months.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got bored last night and decided to try and get some FPPs toward one of my five stacked up bonuses at Stars. I played 2 hours (a very long session for me) and got 37 FPPs.

Goodbye Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

What game were you playing? Must be $0.50-1.00 or lower. At $2-4 and up it accrues much faster.

Bobby

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely play limit poker online. If I do play limit, I play stud. I was playing NL/50 & 100. It's a max $50 buy-in--not a mandatory $50 buy-in like on Party, which means a lot of short stacks, which is bad--but that's another story.

On party a raked pot is $1.00. On Stars I believe it has to be $5.00.

[/ QUOTE ]

All your numbers are wrong here.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you hit 100,000 VPPs for the year, then you are qualfied for SuperNova for the year and I believe even if you then fall below the monthly requirement of 10,0000 VPPs you will still always be SuperNova for the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you should play 100,000 raked hands in January to hit supernova status... and then only play all the freerolls for the rest of the year, to maximize the benefit! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]