Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: PokerStars & FPP\'s, Getting Screwed?

I got bored last night and decided to try and get some FPPs toward one of my five stacked up bonuses at Stars. I played 2 hours (a very long session for me) and got 37 FPPs.

Goodbye Stars
Old 12-23-2005, 02:31 PM

but if you were silver you'd have gotten 55.5!

Enjoy!

seriously though, this program seems designed to reward the true VIPs, not low stake chumps like myself. Oh well, I'll still play MTTs there.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In shorthanded limit games 10/20 and up what they offer is basically 13% rakeback once you reach Supernova. Nothing to write home about.
I'm very disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair you would probably need to calculate in the insane number of free rolls that will be avaialble on a weekly/monthly basis.

If my quick calculations are correct, once the SuperNova Free rolls start in April, PokerStars will be returning back to players well over 2 million dollars a year in free rolls. It is my understanding (hope) that these free rolls will have flat payouts, i.e., that is paying more places a decent amount and not so much at the top.

Free Rolls
Old 12-23-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I 4table 5/10. Just doing some super quick math, it looks like the stars VIP program is worth $10/hr to me (less than that, since I can't redeem it for straight cash). Party rakeback is worth about $25/hr to me.

How much more in rake am I paying an hour at Party? Is it enough that I'm getting about the same value playing at either site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that obtaining a higher status is relatively simple. That will increase you $/hr much.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:47 PM

Here's a question.

As you move up to SilverStar, GoldStar, etc... do your VPP's accrue at the same increased rate as your FPPs?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got bored last night and decided to try and get some FPPs toward one of my five stacked up bonuses at Stars. I played 2 hours (a very long session for me) and got 37 FPPs.

Goodbye Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

What game were you playing? Must be $0.50-1.00 or lower. At $2-4 and up it accrues much faster.

Bobby
Old 12-23-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a question.

As you move up to SilverStar, GoldStar, etc... do your VPP's accrue at the same increased rate as your FPPs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume not, it makes much more sense if it doesn't.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I 4table 5/10. Just doing some super quick math, it looks like the stars VIP program is worth $10/hr to me (less than that, since I can't redeem it for straight cash). Party rakeback is worth about $25/hr to me.

How much more in rake am I paying an hour at Party? Is it enough that I'm getting about the same value playing at either site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that obtaining a higher status is relatively simple. That will increase you $/hr much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was already accounting for that. Buying the WSOP prelim event entries or GC's, a FPP is worth about 1.6 cents. I guessed that I get 250 qualifying FPP hands an hour with 4 tables 5/10short - I could be off there. That's about $10/hr at the platinum level. At the supernova level, Stars is almost certainly the better place to play at 5/10, but that might take 3 months for me to reach.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:56 PM

This is pretty good for mid-high stake nl players, as nearly every pot we play is raked.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:34 PM

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with this vip idea. I think stars executed it fairly well, especially when compared to other "vip" programs *coughpartycoughbeaniehatscough*. Sure, it won't be as good as a rakeback deal, but if you have a lot of points sitting around there are some really awesome options. And for lower limit players like me it's not incredibly difficult to at least make a silver or gold membership.

good job stars.