Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Need a line check in the BB

For me this hand is really simple, so please kick me back to reality if needed. Im suprised its had so many responses.

PF- no debate, this is a super easy call. Any 2 suited is good enough here.

Flop- Cap it, we have a tonne of equity and the board isnt paired. Cap it anyway. check raising is great btw, let UTG bet and trap the field.

Turn- Perfect. Easy raise and cap if possible.

River- Bet/call.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Need a line check in the BB

[ QUOTE ]
For me this hand is really simple, so please kick me back to reality if needed. Im suprised its had so many responses.

PF- no debate, this is a super easy call. Any 2 suited is good enough here.

Flop- Cap it, we have a tonne of equity and the board isnt paired. Cap it anyway. check raising is great btw, let UTG bet and trap the field.

Turn- Perfect. Easy raise and cap if possible.

River- Bet/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this, however I like calling the 3-bet on the flop and c/ring the turn on a flush and betting out on the straight.

The reason for this is that the straight would be a 4 card board straight whereas the flush would just be a 3 card board flush making it less obvious to our aggressor.

Our aggressor hasn't shown any sign of weakness and has always promoted a very strong hand here which gives us no reason to think that this will be checked through on the turn. Obviously if it is we lose a tonne of value but it is definitely something to think about.

True