Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: 45s in a huge, multiway pot

[ QUOTE ]
From the BB, are you comfortable defending 45s HU to a UTG raise? Because this situation is arguably worse. The MP2 post sucks unless the game is really juicy, but folding the first time isn't absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could it possibly be worse to have position on the EP raiser than otherwise? Just because you could be 3-bet? The advantage you gain from position Far outweighs that relatively small chance. Not very often an EP raiser and a caller are getting re-raised.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:49 PM

Is the single BB call preflop (before all the action behind him) that much to worry about? It's essentially the same, relative to the preflop raiser, as calling in the BB against an UTG raiser, except now you have position on him.

If you're taking the risk to call it preflop, then once it's capped you call, getting (as an earlier poster mentions) 7:1 with one of the worst (but still a marginal ok) multi-way hands there is.

But don't let the results from this one hand (whatever they may be) skew your thinking in general -- ask yourself, "Am I good enough to play 45s against a capped preflop bunch of unknowns?" If so, then go for it. If not, bail out for even a single bet preflop. That's an area of the game you can visit later.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:51 PM

I put in one more raise and call if raised back on the river. Plus I wouldn't post in MP2, but meh. The rest looks good.

The reason I'm confident to put at least one more raise in on the river is that UTG+2 was a pre-flop capper. I think he has AcAx or AcKx. He could have capped with jacks, but it's hard to say.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:55 PM

I like your preflop call.

I like your river 4Bet. I personally would 6bet it.

Edit: He can't expect it to be capped, so folding preflop is not an option. Ever. Especially at the loosey goosey tables on crypto.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But don't let the results from this one hand (whatever they may be) skew your thinking in general -- ask yourself, "Am I good enough to play 45s against a capped preflop bunch of unknowns?" If so, then go for it. If not, bail out for even a single bet preflop. That's an area of the game you can visit later.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good question. I sometimes sorta kinda maybe think I am, but I'm probably not (yet). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] At least, not at the overly TAGgy Interpoker tables. Less than two pair (or a huge draw), I would have been out of there on the flop (depending on the action and the odds). I'll try to remember to ask myself that question more often.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Especially at the loosey goosey tables on crypto.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're finding loose tables at Crypto? What time of day? Seems like after 8PM (PST), the $2/4 tables (full) average around 20% VPIP. They're looser at $1/2, but only 1 hand in 10 satisfies the rake requirement for the bonus. They also seem looser at $5/10, but that level kicks my butt. There are almost NO $3/6 for some reason...
Old 08-11-2005, 04:28 PM

This situation is better. But I call one raise from the BB with suited connectors way more often than not.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:38 PM

From what positions do you guys usually post? At Interpoker at night, I can usually only join a table after being on a waiting list, so I'd feel bad joining then waiting 5-6 hands before playing. Usually somebody leaves when they're about to post the BB, so I wind up happily posting in late position. From middle position, I usually post, concerned about appearing tight-ass, like somebody mentioned. From early position, I wait. I think in SSHE, Miller calls it a "picayune" topic and suggests posting so as not to appear too tight, though that probably applies more to B&M games. Yet another reason to learn 6-max, eh?
Old 08-11-2005, 04:40 PM

CO...MP3 at earliest.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:43 PM

Do you really think this post is legit?

-d