Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 04:22 AM

Default A decision I have to make with what seems like nearly every set I hit

Please read the 1st post and then make your own reply, i.e grunching.

Typical juicy ~%40 PS 1/2 game

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 05-24-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Re: A decision I have to make with what seems like nearly every set I hit

How the hand played out:

I decided to call and jam any safe card on the turn

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 05-24-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: A decision I have to make with what seems like nearly every set I

calls, going for overcalls, reraising if raised.

Raises/leads if a blank hits the turn
Old 05-24-2005, 04:35 AM

Default Re: A decision I have to make with what seems like nearly every set I hit

Raise this all day long if you like money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 04:40 AM

I usually raise in these situations. If there is a flush draw, they are not gona fold --&gt; might as well get the money in the pot while you can.

Now I go and read Shillx answer and probably find out that raising is wrong! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2005, 04:57 AM

*Grunching*

Raise and hope there's a flush draw out there. UTG has something so he will very likely pay you off to the river. I'd be satisfied with that.

olavfo
Old 05-24-2005, 05:16 AM

I raise here. Don't want straight and flush draws to come along cheaply. No sense calling and letting them catch a heart or straight card.

If it was a less coordinated flop I would be more inclined to call and go for a slowplay.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise here. Don't want straight and flush draws to come along cheaply. No sense calling and letting them catch a heart or straight card.

If it was a less coordinated flop I would be more inclined to call and go for a slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:29 AM

Im going to raise this everytime because of the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s.
Id call if it were a rainbow board with no likely straight draws (not very often).
Old 05-24-2005, 05:52 AM

This would apply more if we had a medium [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in our hand but I'm going to throw it out there anyways. If there are 2 to a suit on the flop I don't like letting the A or K of that suit hang around for one small bet. If another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hits the turn it doesn't matter what you do you won't get rid of them. I like to raise the flop as much as I can.

Maybe this only worries me because I like back door draws so much but how many $40 or $50 pots do you want to lose all because someone (me-for instance)took a flyer with the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for one cheap bet? Of course this isn't the only reason to raise the flop as Shill points out but it's a factor that maybe not a lot of people think about.

If nobody else agrees with me on this that's fine. It won't be the first (or last) time. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]