Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Was This a String Bet?

3/6 HE. 2 people in so far pf and really mean old asian lady in LP throws in 4. She won the last pot, and I wasn't sure if she thought we were doing a kill pot or what, but she then said "raise" after her bet was in. Me and the other caller objected, saying it was a string bet (I was in the blind and didn't want to let go [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) The dealer was saying some crap that since she put in more than half of a raise, it was an actual raise. I didn't know about that, and he got the floor person over. Both he and the dealer talked about it and decided it was a string bet. After wasting 5 minutes of my time, I realized this: Never worry about small crap like what may be a string bet in a 3/6 time. everyone could have folded and a new hand could have been dealt in this time.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Was This a String Bet?

I agree. Once (and only once) in my B & M career, and it was early on, I made a stink about some minor point, which I can't even remember now. I regretted it immediately, and I was embarrassed about it all night. Since then, I try to follow this rule: No lawyering at the table!
Old 10-30-2005, 01:03 PM

Dealer wasnt talking crap when she said that more than a half of a raise is a raise. But in this case she put only 1/3 of a raise in. If she threw 5$ in it would have been a raise, since additional 2$ is more than half of a 3$ raise.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:56 PM

String bet.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:43 PM

In 3/6 half a raise is 5 not 4. So this is clearly a string raise.